Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To install new handbrake lever

Ignited-SV6

Sleek and Class
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the How To's page but I did a search on Google and the forum and couldn't find anything.

Just got a Calais handbrake and not sure how to install it. Any help or any links to share so I can get this done?

Thanks in advance.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi Ignited

The handbrake is fixed into place with two bolts at the bottom, under the rubber sleeve..

1. Slide the driver's seat right back.
2. Lift the rubber sleever, take note of the position of the adjusting nut on the brake adjuster and undo the adjusting nut completely.
3. Unscrew the two bolts holding the lever assembly to the floor.
4. Lift the assembly out. Reverse the procedure to install the new assembly and adjust the cable nut back to the position it was originally.

You should probably carry out a proper adjustment of your handbrake at the rear wheels before completing the adjustment at the handbrake.

Ignited-SV6

Sleek and Class
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Thanks for the instuctions Calaber...I do appriciate it.

I gave it a shot, but when it came to removing the wire for the handbrake sensor, I felt like i was applying too much pressure and didn't want to brake it. So it's going to the mechanic next Friday to have it installed and get it adjusted properly. Need to have my front struts checked out anyway so thought they may as well do it while theyre at it.

Cheers anyway, im sure it'll help people in the future too.