Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install Power Windows

judge69gto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Hi guys, I was hoping someone could please clarify a couple of things and lead me into the right direction. As I dont' really understand wires and relays etc. So here it is.. Wrecked a VP berlina wagon that had front electric windows only, GM central locking and electric mirrors. All out and I have fitted the lock mechanisms with the central locking modules attached, fitted the power mirrors etc. Now, here is where i am stuck. 1. Ran driver and passenger side door looms and plugged them in to the plugs in under the dash. 2. Plugged in the 2 "Rear switches" that will be used for the fronts. The 2 loom plugs were under CD player in the centre. 3. I have checked and there is a 20A white fuse in slot 5. I am getting no power anywhere! I have a "789 MID" BCM. Do i have to either go through the BCM or have a power window module? Is either required? The auto down and 30 second delay would be awesome. I have to check the VP i wrecked to see if it had the PWM. At this stage I am stuck and going nowhere unless someone can please assist as to where i need to go from here. Thanks

Karl2016

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vrcalais
I have bought a cal and power windows don't work pulled door trim off chased wires still can not find problem any hints

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Litre, VZ SV6
Hey lads, here's a doozy, got a main window loom, the rear door plugs have three pins. Got the door looms from another donor, rear door plugs have four pins. They aren't even close to the same plug. What has happened, and how can I fix it?