Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install Power Windows

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
If you guys live in Melbourne, There's a place in coburg that does power window conversions. If you take all the parts needed (so power window regulators + front/rear switch's) he will install it all for you in about 4 - 5 hours for about $200 - $300.

He even creates his own loom, so you don't need to find one. So unless your realy patient with running looms etc, I'd just take the VT to him to do.

My VN Wagon was out of commision for a week while i upgraded the windows to power.

place is called Electric Life in Coburg.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Wiring Diagrams

Thought i'd post this up as it may help some people when they come to wiring up their power window install. There is two wiring diagrams here, one to suit front window only and the other does front and rear using the VP window control module. The other pdf files here show where the wiring is run and the location/type of plugs used in the harness. Hope they're helpful.

Attachments

• VP Power Window Wiring Diagram - Front and Rear.pdf
    91.1 KB · Views: 927
  • VP Power Window Wiring Diagram Connectors - Front and Rear.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 676
  • VP Power Window Wiring Diagram Supplement - Front and Rear.pdf
    161.5 KB · Views: 765
  • VP Power Window Wiring Diagram - Front Only.pdf
    133.8 KB · Views: 749
  • VP Power Window Wiring Diagram Supplement - Front Only.pdf
    120.2 KB · Views: 563

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Well done, great diagrams. Positive rep for you.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
You can buy the proper rivets from Holden still!!!:thumbsup:

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
Hey guys, half way through my power windows install, we have put in the front regulators so far, and the looms for them. Now the front left is working, but the front right isn't. The front right regulator will move if we put some wires from the loom to a battery, so its not the loom. When testing there is no power coming through from the body side of the loom, so from the wiring behind the dash (this is while we are pressing the right window buttons on the switch), one wire we can see power going through, the other nothing happens. We tested from the switch, the switch is definitely sending as both wires showed fine. So we are assuming that the wiring behind the dash, either from the switch to the relay, or from the relay to the door loom, is broken. But what i need to know before we pull the whole car apart is, does the drivers door relay need to be anything special? i'm using one with the right amount of amps (i cant remember what amps exactly but i checked before i put it in), but does the drivers relay any different? the reason i ask is because of the drivers window auto down feature, i would have assumed this is computer controlled but i'm trying to look on all angles, so would i need any special type of relay?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
You may need to bypass the BCM because it may not have the feature. There is a how to for this on the SC forums but not sure if there is one on here.

Chatza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore wagon vt
I am putting my left rear glass back in my vt wagon and am having trouble.
Do i need to take the whole run of. i have the electric window regulator out but it still wont go in.
The window was smashed so im working it out as i go any help is very appriciated.

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
ok im trying to find out what wiring i have and dont have, i pulled off the part that houses the front seat belt roller uppers (lol) and looked through the holes in the drivers side there is a white plug it would be annoying to get to but anyway i think its coming out of the rear door and is connected to nothing. under the fuse box there is a big orangfe plus connected to nothing? and my slot number 5 is free from fuses and i dont have abs.looked under my cd player there is absolutly no wires. on the passenger side door under the seat belf winder there is no white plugs. and i looked under my glove box and cannot find anything.

im guessing that my drivers side has the wiring and no where else does? i might just take the plugs to an auto electrician and ask him to install hiw own looms and the arms which hold the glass with motors on them. i really want to do this myself but i am so **** with the terms and i know absolutly nothing about wiring up this ****, mabey if all the wiring was there for me.

Cheers. btw my car is exe v6 vs series 2

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
You have no wiring in that car by the sounds of it. The white plug in the drivers side pillar is a central locking plug used in the wagons, mine has the same. I put a test light to it and locked the car to test it. The fronts will have some wiring in the door zip tied to the frame but will finish at the black plug in the pillar, the other side will be empty. I wired mine up like the vn's to get the auto down and delay timer to work. I've posted the diagram of how it's wired in a previous post.