Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install Power Windows

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
It will plug if U have the loom, check for contacts in fuse 5 and the corresponding relay spot. If U have these, then yes it will work, a couple wiring mods need to be done for the drivers window but nothing major.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Ok. Ive found a pic of the harnesses under the stereo and i have the same. So i know its part of the body loom. Will check in about 10 whrn i hide from the rain in my car to have a smoke lol

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just checked. Got fuse 5 with contacts. And i have 5 relays. 4 above the fuses and one under the steering column

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Just going off mine being a VS Acclaim, I'd say yours would only be a low BCM. All this means is that you will have to bypass the wire (Dark green I THINK) that goes into the BCM to give the drivers window auto down, meaning that it is just like every other window in the car without auto down. However, the 30 second timer after the ignition is switched off will still work with a low BCM. Also, as long as the loom is there, your front looms will be cable tied inside the front doors, and the rears will have a plug that is at the bottom of the B-Pillars near the floor, and it is as simple as running a few extra wires into the rear doors.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Found out that I have the loom under the centre console but nothing in the doors. So im going to grab the looms from the wreck.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
That, is where you are wrong, Linzi. I know for a fact that i have a mid BCM in my 94 vr v6 acclaim. I removed a LOW BCM from my wrecker car. However I have looked at my BCM and it is clearly labeled MID. I can go and take a pic if you would like.

I also have the 2 Wiring harnesses below the stereo, and i remember another connector inside the door. Never know what it was for until now

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Mid bcm were in the acclaims. Ignore the low bcm part of his post and he is spot on what you have to do

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
That, is where you are wrong, Linzi. I know for a fact that i have a mid BCM in my 94 vr v6 acclaim. I removed a LOW BCM from my wrecker car. However I have looked at my BCM and it is clearly labeled MID. I can go and take a pic if you would like.

I also have the 2 Wiring harnesses below the stereo, and i remember another connector inside the door. Never know what it was for until now

Ok sorry, I was just going on mine being a VS Acclaim, but obviously they are different to VR's. That would be good for you then, because I dare say you wouldn't have to bypass the MID BCM as it would have Auto down. Is your wrecker car the one that you are getting the power windows out of? If so what model is it?

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
its all good. na i bought them off ebay. All four for $80, $21 for the front switches (both drivers and passangers sides) and $15 for the pair of rear switches. Good price i think.

does anyone have a diagram of the pinouts on the back of the rear switches because i think i will run my own loom into the door for the rears