Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install Power Windows

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
I want the original idea.. Still wonna know if the acclaims came with the loom already for the windows.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Theres 2 switches. One has 4 and the other is single. I think..

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
VS Acclaim questions

hey guys, im new to this so sorry if any of it sounds stupid, but anyway, i'm about to start installing power windows into my vs acclaim. I have a few questions. I have had a look through and found the loom underneath the head unit bit, and there is a spot for the fuse and for a power window relay. My BCM is a low, will it be able to handle the power windows? and also, where do i find the end of the loom plug that leads into the doors, and what do they look like, like wire colours for both sides. and is it possible to use a VT switch with a bit of soldering instead of the standard ones? cheers

vxer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S Pack
What's the 3rd regulator arm for?

Hi,

My drivers side electic window collapsed. The plastic glides broke and has left some nice scratch marks in my glass. I've pulled off the trim and discovered one of the glides had snapped, but what i found even stranger is in the welll of the door i found an arm just lying in there. I can't work out where it comes from as there is an arm already for both sides of the track. How many arms am i suppose to have fitted with guides that go in the tracks? Could this be a part left over from a previous problem that someones fixed or has it come off somewhere? I can't work out where and why i would need it.

Thanks

Orgman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Hey Linzi,

I'll try and address each of your questions.

I have just completed my installation and I also have a low BCM. While I could get the timer function working (Electric windows working for a period of time without key in the ignition) I couldn't get the auto function working on the driver's window. (No big deal as all it means is that I have to keep my finger on the button until driver's window is in the position that I want).

I have attached a copy of a wiring diagram that I made, hopefully it will be of some use to you.

View attachment VS Power Window Wiring Diagram.pdfView attachment VS Power Window Wiring Diagram.pdf

The connectors for the front doors will be found behind the front kick panels on each side. For the front doors, just trace the wires that lead into the doors and you will find the connectors. For the rear doors, you will need to take out the seat belts and in the cavity you will find the connectors for the wiring into the rear doors.

If you are lucky the cables and connectors will all be in place. In my case they were not there and I had to run them into the doors as well as running the cables back to the front kick panels.

I used a VZ switch on my installation and you need to get a connector which you can mine from a wreck. I cut the old VS plugs and soldered the wires.

The following pics shows the rear of the VZ switch and the 2nd pic I got from another thread which shows the connections. I added the colors of the cables for the VS to connect to.

13012012043.jpg

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 473
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 911
Last edited:

vrutemarcus

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 vr ute s pack
i am going to the wrecker this week to get a wiring loom for my ute to put power window in can anyone tell me how hard it is to take the loom out of a car and is it possible to make my own loom with to way switches or do i have to use the factory loom?

vl_drifter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL calais turbo rb20
hey guys,
new here as im in a bind. Rebuilding a friends crashed VY sedan for her. the donor car we bought for parts is a sv6 model where as hers was a exec. her rear doors were damaged in the crash along with front rad support. front end is now straight and ready to paint BUT adding the rear doors has become an issue . actually fitting the doors was no issue, swapping the airbag modules over was no issue . Getting the wiring to work for the rear doors has so far not happened.

The BCM in both vehicles is a MID . so from what i have so far found they should work with the wiring thats there. I have also removed the entire floor loom from the sv6 and layed it inside the gutted exec and plugged to BCM etc , WEIRD part starts here. When i hit either front or rear window down it sounds like it triggers door locks but no window movement at all .

any help appreciated . anyone in marion area in SA wanting to come help, i have plenty of spare VY interior parts( donor shell is to become a drift car) and a 6 pack or 2 of beer here as payment . cheers jono

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
my question is, is this thread useful to me witha vr v6 acclaim. ive been told that becaus i have a mid bcm, power windows would be a plug and plau excercise. is this true and would all the plugs be in the door already as i have the required plugs underneith the coin holder in the black stereo surround.

sorry if its been covered but sooo many posts in this thread and im just bout to finish my lunch break.