Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install Power Windows

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
White will be the child lock 100%. It should all plug in. But as per the diagram blue on the motor/green on the switch is up. Yellow on the motor/blue on the switch is down. I think this is what your asking?

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
White will be the child lock 100%. It should all plug in. But as per the diagram blue on the motor/green on the switch is up. Yellow on the motor/blue on the switch is down. I think this is what your asking?

Yeah that all makes sense. The back power windows have 3 wires each from the plug that goes through the centre piller. They are white with black stripe, blue with yellow stripe and green with yellow stripe. I just need to know what wire colours are what for the front switches now as there are 6 different wires and 7 on the block with child lock. I also want to know how many amp fuse i should use for the power wire as i tried wiring it yesterday and the wire got too hot amd started smoking :s. Thanks soo much for all your help so far by the way

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
20 amp fuse is what they normally have.
With the wires im not to sure.
One will be earth, one will be power to the regulator and one will be for.the little light. Thats my guess anyway.
Check it with a circuit tester.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
They run a 30amp circuit breaker (fuses tend to blow easy). Wire to suit 30amps + would be best.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
I ended up biting the bullet and grabbing the wiring and module from a vn calais. Gonna give it a crack this way. Do i still need a circuit breaker?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Yes. You will blow fuses when using the auto down feature or holding the up button when it gets to the top. It can also back feed to the rest of the car. I had this happen to me before working out it needed the circuit breaker.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did it! I have power windows! Yay. I wired it all up last night. All windows work and i can wind more than one down with no overloading or anything. So proud of my efforts :-D

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Well done mate. The diagram wasn't to hard to follow I guess.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well done mate. The diagram wasn't to hard to follow I guess.

Nah it was very straight forward. Im so happy with my efforts. Thanks so much to everyone on here for all the help and advice you have given me. Without it, i would never of bothered trying to install power windows.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Hey guys. Need help.
Tryed installing the drivers door (finally).
Up gets power but down doesnt. Trying a new loom.. Could it be the switch or the loom?