Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install S-PACK fog lights on a VX

VXjeremy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore
hey guys, i've got a 2001 VX commodore lumina and i'm planning on getting the S-pack bodykit, but is there anyway i can install fog lights into my VX since they don't originally come with them?

PS: i was thinking of getting a monaro bodykit, but is that kinda 'tryhard', like putting a chev badge on your V6 commodore?

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
haha, what u saying??

i got a vt with monaro front on a 6banger! hah

have a look under ur bar, or even pull ur dash out and look for the wiring for another plug, fog light switch.

behind the bar theres should be a plug that goes into ur foggies.

if noting . check ur fuse box, there be tabs where the relay goes,,, plug out another and plug it in. sits nice and tight then there s wiring, loose and moves then ur doing ur wiring urself..

if u understand that

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
monaro's came out in 6 cylinders lol (CV6). but my opinion just get a S/SS kit so you dont have to change head lights.. or you can to the ss(black surround) lights :p

all the wiring will be there just get a foglight switch and relay and get foglights to suit your bar.. dunno if the ss ones will fit? oh and you need to either cut a hole for you switch in the dash or get a SS dash

p.s genuine SS/S bars from holden are around $400 :)

VXjeremy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore
yeah i was thinking just get an SS kit but on ebay they got a monaro bodykit which fits the VX headlights but its made out of fibreglass so it'll be weak.
and with the foglight im thinking ill just hook it up to my parking lights to save cutting a hole in the dash or buying a new one

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
what are you going to do when the cops pull you over at night for having ur foglights on an you cant turn them off???

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
LMAO!!!! he will just turn his headlights off :p

Then what the cops give him a warning drive off he turns his lights back on foglights come on, they trun back around an fine him an then he says i cant turn them off because they are wired into my parkers, so the cops go over the whole car now an find other **** just because they can now oldmate has a $800 fine even a defect all because he couldnt be bothred doing the job properly, because im pretty sure it is illegal to have foglights that cant be Independently turned on/off. I know this is a worse case scenario an will probably not happen but it could.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Then what the cops give him a warning drive off he turns his lights back on foglights come on, they trun back around an fine him an then he says i cant turn them off because they are wired into my parkers, so the cops go over the whole car now an find other **** just because they can now oldmate has a $800 fine even a defect all because he couldnt be bothred doing the job properly, because im pretty sure it is illegal to have foglights that cant be Independently turned on/off. I know this is a worse case scenario an will probably not happen but it could.

Depends if they are fog lights or driving lights. Fog lights are yellow

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I just put a switch with a light on the lower panel under the steering wheel.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i was being sarcastic.. no one in there right mind would wire there foglights to there parkers LOL!

TVR.. coppers dont care what colour they are. they tell you to turn them off anyway