Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to install speed alert

Marcho

Marcho"s R.I.D.E
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Accliam S2
Hi all
Can anyone tell me how to install a speed alert into my vr acclaim. I have the speed alert box thing that goes into the dash surround that I have cut out. But i'm not sure about the wiring, there is about 10 coloured wires on the harness and not sure where they are all ment to go.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Hi all
Can anyone tell me how to install a speed alert into my vr acclaim. I have the speed alert box thing that goes into the dash surround that I have cut out. But i'm not sure about the wiring, there is about 10 coloured wires on the harness and not sure where they are all ment to go.

Sorry about not being able to help you out with the specific question but i have been wanting to do the same thing, just wondering if you would be able to post up some pictures of the process as i am not game in cutting out the standard box for the speed alert incase i do it wrong and would like to see someone elses first before attempting it. Hopefully there might be a dash down the local wrecker with the box hole precut with the speed alert in it as it was in some models.

Thanks
Matt