Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VZ] How to install VE SS seats into VZ/ VY

Blinkfan_182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
After doing a tone of research and finding mix answers if the seats fit or not I worked out they fit easily.

Step 1. Unbolt the VE seat from the VE seat rails/ frame (4 nuts) throw out the VE rails.

Step 2. Unbolt your VZ seat from the VZ seat rails/ frame (4 nuts) keep the VZ rails.

Step 3. Bolt your VE seat to your VZ seat rails/ frame.
The VE drivers seat will bolt straight up and the VE passenger seat will fit after you slightly drill out a few mm/ making the holes line up between the seat and the rails.

This will keep your factory electric seat adjustment on the drivers seat.
Only problem is the srs airbag in the seat. I believe the resistance is different between the VZ/ VY and the VE airbags so you can’t change the plugs and wire it up without risking the airbag going off or throwing a code.

The solution is to install a srs bypass module to keep the car from throwing a srs fault code.

I can make these srs bypass modules for VZ and VY so they install into the seat and keep a neat factory look (modules are for “off-road use only” of course)

VZ and VY seats are pretty clapped out these days so upgrading to VE seats is ideal and you can currently still buy VE replacement seat foams which gives you the option to have a new and comfy seat that doesn’t screw your back.

I am needing to install VE Maloo seats into a VY Maloo in the near future so i will take pictures and edit this How To with some more detail asap.

vy57ut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ss crewman
Hi man is it possible to put the air bags from the vy into the ve seats instead of putting the module in??

Cal_ais26

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais
Hey mate is it the same deal with vy rails are they the same need new front seats in my vy

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
After doing a tone of research and finding mix answers if the seats fit or not I worked out they fit easily.

Step 1. Unbolt the VE seat from the VE seat rails/ frame (4 nuts) throw out the VE rails.

Step 2. Unbolt your VZ seat from the VZ seat rails/ frame (4 nuts) keep the VZ rails.

Step 3. Bolt your VE seat to your VZ seat rails/ frame.
The VE drivers seat will bolt straight up and the VE passenger seat will fit after you slightly drill out a few mm/ making the holes line up between the seat and the rails.

This will keep your factory electric seat adjustment on the drivers seat.
Only problem is the srs airbag in the seat. I believe the resistance is different between the VZ/ VY and the VE airbags so you can’t change the plugs and wire it up without risking the airbag going off or throwing a code.

The solution is to install a srs bypass module to keep the car from throwing a srs fault code.

I can make these srs bypass modules for VZ and VY so they install into the seat and keep a neat factory look (modules are for “off-road use only” of course)

VZ and VY seats are pretty clapped out these days so upgrading to VE seats is ideal and you can currently still buy VE replacement seat foams which gives you the option to have a new and comfy seat that doesn’t screw your back.

I am needing to install VE Maloo seats into a VY Maloo in the near future so i will take pictures and edit this How To with some more detail asap.

I dont believe i have air bags in my vz seats , only in the steering wheel and dash , will i still need a (module) when swapping seats . Also will VF seats be the same procedure. Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No. You just won’t plug them in. Everything stays as it was.

Interestingly, Ford Falcons have a near identical seat base and frame. Comfier seats. Just sayin’ I’d suggest made in the same place for both manufacturers.

I’d bet this mod can be done the same way with a Falcon seat.

The internal metal frames (that the foams mount to) of VZ v VE and VF are remarkably similar.

Rayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon, VX SS, Hummer H3, Hyundai Elantra
No. You just won’t plug them in. Everything stays as it was.

Interestingly, Ford Falcons have a near identical seat base and frame. Comfier seats. Just sayin’ I’d suggest made in the same place for both manufacturers.

I’d bet this mod can be done the same way with a Falcon seat.

The internal metal frames (that the foams mount to) of VZ v VE and VF are remarkably similar.
Wait...WTF? Are you saying that Found On Rubbish Dump, Fix Or Repair Daily, and F****d On Race Day front seats will fit into an otherwise as-perfect-a-car-as-can-be-found-on-this-planet? What model F.O.R.D. for a VY? I'm guessing a BA or thereabouts? I mean, everyone knows those seats are more comfy (people spend a lot of time sitting in them waiting for the tow truck), but to be able to fit them to my VY? I want a pair with 'XR8' on them, just to mess with a few minds o_O

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
yes. This is what I'm saying.

vz-clubsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport
I would also be interested.

Also please clarify if the module makes the ve airbags properly operable or just stops the error code being sent.

VYLLAIN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Wagon
How about rear seats for a wagon? I wanna do a full interior revamp (i.e. new seats, roof lining, door cars, painted interior to match)