Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] How to install VY/VZ Sunglasses holder in VT/VX

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
If the calais center light dome is the same as mine then no, you shouldn't have a problem, anark can explain more but it's pretty much almost the same.

Here is a pic of my center light, http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...50d1251593496-my-vx-ex-copper-27082009302.jpg (ignore the IR thingo), if yours is like that, then it will work fine, as anark did this mod on my car yesterday.

hey there i am looking to do this to my vt, but my centre light dome doesnt have those blue things it only has the light and the -off/door/on- switch, will i still be able to do it? or is it not going to work?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
lthlthrt, the pic in that post is of a calais center light. Yours would be just a standard as mine was, and thats what the guide is based around. Follow the guide and you shouldnt have a problem. Just be careful when cutting your roof trim thats all.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
bad news! i cant find my template for my roof lining cutout!!! Sorry guys :( Misplaced it! Just grab a cereal box, rest the sunglasses holder on it, and draw an outline and cut it out. adjust till you get it right ;) Thats how i did it! Then just line it up with the holes in the roof.

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Sorry to dig up a thread like this but, has anyone done this mod with a calais/berlina centre dome light as the wire colours are different hence slightly different wiring? This is for a vy sunglasses holder with seperate map light buttons. cheers.

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
+1 to that Rich, I can't figure out how to get them out without removing the whole assembly from the car and prying them open!