Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] How to install VZ Flutes, molded into standard gaurds...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
LOL, yeah I know hey Calaber, it looks dodgey as,
When I get a combination of some free time, and good weather I plan to finish off the front door - it has a few little imperfections, and the guard - it has like two spots that need filling, and check if its flat..

Then I will re-prime the side of the car all together.. probly be a grey-ish colour, theres a few dints here and there so the whole cars going to look like patchwork for a little while!! Till I get enough money for paint! The primers were just laying around in the garage - except the grey I went and bought a can, just till I crack the gun out..

Im just up the road from you hey, up in Watanobbi, but am always driving around heaps, might see me out and about from time to time..

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
You may as well paint/draw some racing numbers and manufacturer logos on your car while it's like that, just to piss the ricer boys off :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Nice mate i have the stuff to do this to my vn but have put it off for 3 months now i can do it thanks to your guide! Thanks mate also a great addition would have been a stencil eheh.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Dude ... your door handles are missing! :p

Flutes look much better molded than with the outlines good work!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
now you just need to rig the door mechanisms to the mirrors to open the doors like my mate did.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
You may as well paint/draw some racing numbers and manufacturer logos on your car while it's like that, just to piss the ricer boys off :)

lol, with white crayon or something?!!

Nice mate i have the stuff to do this to my vn but have put it off for 3 months now i can do it thanks to your guide! Thanks mate also a great addition would have been a stencil eheh.

Cheers mate, good luck with it, show us how you go with them, and just blow up the first photo, then print off... lol theres your stencil :thumbsup:

Dude ... your door handles are missing! :p

Flutes look much better molded than with the outlines good work!

Haha, thanks mate, you know I was looking at the side of my car this afternoon, thinking "whats wrong with my car, it looks different"

Thats it!!! Its got no doorhandles!!! LMAO... nah, jks..

I love the flute, still got to do the other one though..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
LOL, yeah I know hey Calaber, it looks dodgey as,
When I get a combination of some free time, and good weather I plan to finish off the front door - it has a few little imperfections, and the guard - it has like two spots that need filling, and check if its flat..

Then I will re-prime the side of the car all together.. probly be a grey-ish colour, theres a few dints here and there so the whole cars going to look like patchwork for a little while!! Till I get enough money for paint! The primers were just laying around in the garage - except the grey I went and bought a can, just till I crack the gun out..

Im just up the road from you hey, up in Watanobbi, but am always driving around heaps, might see me out and about from time to time..

With your car looking like it does at present, I'm surprised I haven't seen it around yet. I'll just keep looking - it won't be hard to spot. I'd really like to do the flute conversion to my car but I don't think the other half would understand why I was doing it. Besides, only one car in the family means it's needed every day.

Browny_226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
hey guys i want to do this to a VS but i wasnt sure exactly how to do it not so much the cutting and moulding in part but the wiring

so just need to know would the wires from the side indicators on a VS work the same for the indicators on the flutes or do they need to be changed at all lol sorry if the question sounds stupid just that the lights in the flutes look like their LED lights or something were as the VS are just like bulbs

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
hey guys i want to do this to a VS but i wasnt sure exactly how to do it not so much the cutting and moulding in part but the wiring

so just need to know would the wires from the side indicators on a VS work the same for the indicators on the flutes or do they need to be changed at all lol sorry if the question sounds stupid just that the lights in the flutes look like their LED lights or something were as the VS are just like bulbs

They're just standard bulbs, so the wiring should be the same.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I really like the idea of mirrors as the opening handles.. Might look into that a little further.