Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] How to install VZ Flutes, molded into standard gaurds...

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
now you just need to rig the door mechanisms to the mirrors to open the doors like my mate did.

How did he do that? got any info on how he did it???

hey guys i want to do this to a VS but i wasnt sure exactly how to do it not so much the cutting and moulding in part but the wiring

so just need to know would the wires from the side indicators on a VS work the same for the indicators on the flutes or do they need to be changed at all lol sorry if the question sounds stupid just that the lights in the flutes look like their LED lights or something were as the VS are just like bulbs

The wiring is easy as, on the VY it was just 'unplug the old' and 'plug in the new' sort of thing, the flutes and the flashers come with 6'' of wire and a plug on the end, if it doesnt plug into your original wiring, just cut the plug off your old ones, and solder it to the new ones, (if you have got two wires there)

And like Calaber said, its just a standard bulb, so nothing tricky there... some might be, but not the 'SS' ones..

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
i put a set of these flutes on my vs a few years ago and had them moulded in so there wasnt that outline on the vz but after a few months the paint around it started to crack had the guards sprayed twice till i got oer it and put standard ones back on hopefully yours wont have the same problem

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Ahh that sucks, lol, hope it doesnt happen to me...

So every one "Don't rush out and cut your gaurds to pieces just yet, lol wait and see if it cracks" I'll let every one know how they go...

This ones been in there for about two weeks, and so far so good?

How did you put your ones in? fibre glass - how many layers?

VSEXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
it was fibreglassed but im not surehow many layers but i think it was the panel beater that was responsible for the cracks

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Good write up Zeussy,
i might consider this mod further down the track!

smokin_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Well done Zuessy! You've done a great job! I'm gonna have to give this a try on my VX.

Looking forward to seeing more photos of it painted!! :)

VR comme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR-S series II
Nice work. This is a photo of my old XF falcon S someone broke in through the front passenger side busted the lock out made a hell of a mess i was NOT HAPPY. pretty easy fix just a bit of bog some tape, sand paper and a can of spray paint (same colour code) came up good.

sorry about the quality of photo

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 433