Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to jack a VX, wrong way and the right way.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
I think this applies to Hotrod
im-not-saying-lets-kill-all-the-stupid-people.png

I like to know how they broke em , they shouldn't drive of with them under the car, besides it takes like 30 sec to remove the bolt , not sleeping under it or pulling on ply bars .
EVERY MAN TO THEM SELVES , IF YOU DONT TRUST IT THEN DONT DO IT , GET RAMPS OR STANDS

and there is nothing wrong of putting it under the sill , that's ya jacking points in ya Manuel , so put it were ya like as long as you feel safe . YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YA SELF IF IT FALLS ON YA.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
I like to know how they broke em , they shouldn't drive of with them under the car, besides it takes like 30 sec to remove the nut , not sleeping under it or pulling on ply bars .
EVERY MAN TO THEM SELVES , IF YOU DONT TRUST IT THEN DONT DO IT , GET RAMPS OR STANDS

And it takes .5 of a second to slip and fall.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I don't no what planet your from my vt & vx sump plug faces out on the passenger side , you should try reading better , and jack your car up with your scissor jack and try to push the car off it I bet it wont move , I wouldn't use hydraulic jacks they can let go but a wind up ones wont , and I don't think it be ya arm ya be worried about .

Not sure what my planet has to do with it, it's a secret and you're not invited.

So you make the sump plug higher than the lowest point of the sump when draining? That's clever.

what angle , you lower the jack so the car is on the ground .

So you jack it up, undo the plug to drain, lower it, then jack it up again? Why not just jack it from the RHS to start with?

BTW - I don't have a scissor jack anymore, my car crushed it.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I like to know how they broke em , they shouldn't drive of with them under the car, besides it takes like 30 sec to remove the nut , not sleeping under it or pulling on ply bars .

you may be willing to risk your life on 30 seconds worth of work, but dont make the suggestion for others to do the same. some sump plugs can be tight to undo, a good reef on the spanner could easily upset the very small footprint on a scissor jack.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
Not sure what my planet has to do with it, it's a secret and you're not invited.

So you make the sump plug higher than the lowest point of the sump when draining? That's clever.

So you jack it up, undo the plug to drain, lower it, then jack it up again? Why not just jack it from the RHS to start with?

BTW - I don't have a scissor jack anymore, my car crushed it.

MAYBE BECOUSE IT HAS SOMTHINK TO DO WARE the BOLT IS , very cleaver lot , so your telling me that when they left them up on hoist at the work shop they not doing it right , its level isn't it , so what's the different putting it back on level ground. who the smart one ha , so if I jacked it on the drivers side it would make the bolt closer to the ground der , so that's not smart , and if ya car crushed it, how , miss use I bet.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
MAYBE BECOUSE IT HAS SOMTHINK TO DO WARE the BOLT IS , very cleaver lot , so your telling me that when they left them up on hoist at the work shop they not doing it right , its level isn't it , so what's the different putting it back on level ground. who the smart one ha , so if I jacked it on the drivers side it would make the bolt closer to the ground der , so that's not smart , and if ya car crushed it, how , miss use I bet.

You sir are an idiot.
Takes more time what you are doing than just driving up some ramps.
You are missing his point.

You are the one miss using the jackstand..

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
You sir are an idiot.
Takes more time what you are doing than just driving up some ramps.
You are missing his point.

You are the one miss using the jackstand..

mate I think your dog is more intelligent than you , read the forum properly, I've been doing it for 45 years without any issues , I know the guy said he has no room and he has to place stands under it , and I stated there nothing wrong with putting the stands under the sill , if there was the manufacture wouldn't tell you to jack it there. I was stating this is how I do it , so if I misused my jack why is mine still 100% good and yours is crushed ha . the end as your just a arrogant prick.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
mate I think your dog is more intelligent than you , read the forum properly, I've been doing it for 45 years without any issues , I know the guy said he has no room and he has to place stands under it , and I stated there nothing wrong with putting the stands under the sill , if there was the manufacture wouldn't tell you to jack it there. I was stating this is how I do it , so if I misused my jack why is mine still 100% good and yours is crushed ha . the end as your just a arrogant prick.

how have you been doing it for 45 years when your profile lists you as born in 1990? math, not even once!!

the oem jack has a slot cutout, so it sits on the flat sections of the sill, not the thin lip of it. resting that lip on a stand allows it to fold over on itself, causing the car to drop(it may be only 1/2" or so, but could be enough to unsettle the car if the stand isnt sitting in just the right spot).

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
what ever put it ware ya think then I've never had an issue putting it on the sill . LIKE I SAID IF YA DONT FEEL SAFE DONT DO IT. and maybe because I don't use my personal details on line.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Me and my friend where lifting his car with a scissor jack to check a bearing and halfway up the jack collapsed as the thread just instantly stripped. Damn scary, but if anyone was under the car they'd be dead.