Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to know my exact motor

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Has the new engine been reported to the rego department for it to show up on the rego papers?
What has that got to do with what belt to run?
That information is not shared with anyone but the registered owner and a Repco guy would not even look at the engine number or even know what the fudge he was doing anyway.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What has that got to do with what belt to run?
That information is not shared with anyone but the registered owner and a Repco guy would not even look at the engine number or even know what the fudge he was doing anyway.

A VIN and engine number being used by the Repco person maynot be the correct details for the engine currently fitted to the car....

So that Repco bloke will be going by information that is no longer valid....

As you have said, the Repco fella doesn't know what the fudge he is doing anyway, so not knowing if he is using the corrrect engine details, how can he supply the correct part, especially considering they're not to bright to begin with

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
A VIN and engine number being used by the Repco person maynot be the correct details for the engine currently fitted to the car....

So that Repco bloke will be going by information that is no longer valid....
Wouldn't matter even if they were the same ones in the car they would still get it wrong :D
Wouldn't trust a part's guy at a Repco, Supercheap et all with choosing a air freshener let alone a critical part.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Wouldn't matter even if they were the same ones in the car they would still get it wrong :D
Wouldn't trust a part's guy at a Repco, Supercheap et all with choosing a air freshener let alone a critical part.

By giving them the correct details to begin with, helps reduce the chances of getting it wrong.

Oh and I am aware how stupid spare parts joints can be.....Owning Valiants, they quite often reach for Holden books to look up part numbers....

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Wouldn't trust a part's guy at a Repco, Supercheap et all with choosing an air freshener let alone a critical part.
Absolutely.
I never use the rego feature to find parts. Sometimes I mess around with them in the stores. Rarely have they shown the correct info.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Has the new engine been reported to the rego department for it to show up on the rego papers?
Yes. The vin has LFX in it now

But it still comes up as LLT on websites such as repco using the number plate

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes. The vin has LFX in it now

But it still comes up as LLT on websites such as repco using the number plate
That’s not even why you should stop putting your rego into parts shops. You know what you have, and they gather data about you from your inquiries and you get nothing for it other than the wrong part.

To me those things are the dodgy van with free candy written on it.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
So i got the 6pk2125 belt

Then took the old belt off and its a 6pk2120 omg fml haha

Put the 2125 on anyway, seems to be fine...

Maybe its larger? Doesn't seems to be slipping, the belt tensioner should sort out the tension yea?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There is some don't in the tensioner to take up slack but not a huge amount. It all depends how similar in size the two belts are.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
The repco computer in the shop, i sat and watched the screen with the guy, said lfx with the 1 pulley is 6pk2125