Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to lose weight get a VS commodore!

Noddy 2750

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodores ute
Have recently bought a VS commodore ute and it's been nothing but trouble! Every time i drive it (which has been 3times) it just stops! My grandson who owned it had a reconditioned motor put in last year the fuel pump is about 8 months old just put in a new CAS, nothing comes up on the diagnostic test! My grandson is not a rev head he loves his Holdens and had regular services! Please does anyone one have any more ideas?

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Assuming V6 (please let us know if its V8)
Swap out the dfi module and coil pack?...wiggle the the plug on the dfi module next time its stops..of late its tending to be the issue :)
other than that swap out the pcm/ecu you can pick em up 2nd hand for a few bucks ...just try and get one with a memcal of the same age as the one currently in the car....

Noddy 2750

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodores ute
Yes Wozza it's a V6 the boys are thinking it's might be the the coil plate as the coils aren't that old! We are hoping that's the problem!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If it is the DFI module itself it probably wouldn't restart. Like Wozza said have a good look at the connections on the module and plug as this sorta sounds like the issue.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Wouldn't rule out replacing the CAS again.

Does it cut out going around corners or is there some circumstance under which it it does it?

Noddy 2750

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodores ute
Wouldn't rule out replacing the CAS again.

Does it cut out going around corners or is there some circumstance under which it it does it?
The CAS was only replaced last Thursday and was told by grandson he replaced it late last year so that probably was not the problem to start with! But it was displaying all the symptoms of the CAS! Car would drive for about 30 mins and would come to a rolling stop! I do remember hearing just 1 knock a few seconds before it stopped

Noddy 2750

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodores ute
The CAS was only replaced last Thursday and was told by grandson he replaced it late last year so that probably was not the problem to start with! But it was displaying all the symptoms of the CAS! Car would drive for about 30 mins and would come to a rolling stop! I do remember hearing just 1 knock a few seconds before it stopped
When i get to drive the car it runs perfectly, it purrs, it's beautiful and then it stops

Noddy 2750

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodores ute
dfi, plug or wiring?
Could a cracked coil plate be the cause as the boys at the workshop are going to change that today but still not heard anything? I'm going stir crazy here with no transport!