Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to make a VF2 SSV ute handle better?

Nudga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline W375 ute
Hi All,

Brand new member here, I have had my VF2 SSV redline W375 ute for a year and I love it. I am thinking I should be able to make it handle a bit better, it seems to push or understeer a bit into the twisty corners.

I have a steep driveway so it already scrapes if im not very careful so I cant lower it anymore, what I am thinking is the old strut tower brace for the front and maybe a towbar will stiffen the back and add a little bit of weight which I am thinking might help it out a bit.

I switched the bridgestone tyres out when they wore out, got 30,000 kMs out of them, now running the MIchellen Pilot sport 4s, they are bloody awsome but after 7,000 kms with those, the back tyre are already past half gone, but they do stick like **** to a blanket, so can the learned people here offer any advise as to how to get it to handle better without lowering it? Thanks to the people who run this site I have read quite a bit already, cheers.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Talk to MCA Suspension. They build all their coilovers in Brisbane and will make a set with spring rates and valving to suit what you want (even if it's comfort). Their off the shelf stuff (which they have for VE/VF) is 1.5k to 2.5ish k, but for their quality they're cheap even at 2.5k. They'll also be able to advise of how it should be set up and any supporting mods to add or remove.

Really doubt a towbar will do anything in terms of stiffening, VFs aren't the monocoque chassis of the 80s.

Last edited:

Nudga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline W375 ute
thanks R J K, it seems that no one does the strut tower braces anymore?