Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to make a vs loud and sound sick with least$$!

lxp008

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 96' Green Mica
thanks all.

i getting a 2.5 installed tomorrow morn with no muffler.

should do the trick no????

no muffler = illegal i know but watevs... =]

tyy

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
give me $150 and ill give you my old 2.5" red back exhaust and put it in for you

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
thanks all.

i getting a 2.5 installed tomorrow morn with no muffler.

should do the trick no????

no muffler = illegal i know but watevs... =]

tyy

what?! are you for real man...:bang:
it's going to sound like **** if you just put a straight 2 1/2" pipe through with no mufflers. are you going to use a cat at all or is the ride too fully sick for that as well?
mufflers give an exhaust their tone and volume (not to mention make a vehilce roadworthy and legal), so without one installed it's just going to sound like someone farting into a megaphone.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
what?! are you for real man...
it's going to sound like **** if you just put a straight 2 1/2" pipe through with no mufflers. are you going to use a cat at all or is the ride too fully sick for that as well?
mufflers give an exhaust their tone and volume (not to mention make a vehilce roadworthy and legal), so without one installed it's just going to sound like someone farting into a megaphone.

HAHAHAHAHHA Gold! If this guy didn't come on here asking this question, no doubt he would of went and whacked a canon on it, to make it look even more "Fully Sick".

In all seriousness don't be a tool and keep your muffler, better keep your cat as well. You might want to look at getting a different catback. Have a look at the lukey website. See how the different ones they have, also check out the redback website. Do your research before making your final choice.

t-rav

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
BASH THAT CAT OUT !!
keep one muffler and get some pacies installed and it'll sound tough as

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
My exhaust system is a set of extractors through to twin cats then merging into the one pipe with one muffler at the rear. The piping is roughly 2" most the way through with a few smaller sections ending in twin inch and a half dumpers. It sounds lazy when just cruising (Ie under 1500-2000rpm) If you get up it it sounds quite nice for a v6 apparently not sure haven't heard it myself from the outside. From in the cabin it sounds good with a CAI system but with a pod you can't hear the exhaust over the intake. But the engine is pretty far from stock so its probably not a fair comparison. Not sure if its legal pretty sure it is but mates reckon they can hear me for about 5 minutes or so late at night.

A mate has a Vs v6 ute and he's smashed the cat out and it does make it a fair bit louder and sounds pretty tough. But of course it's illegal if your unlucky enough to get caught.

lxp008

Reaction score
Members Ride
hmm, got a redback 2.5 installed. sounds alright. cruisin at 50-60kmph has a nice rumble. but anything over 5000rpm sounds pretty much same as it did stock. defs louder tho.

i heard somewhere that they start to sound a bit better after they wear in a bit????
this true??

lxp008

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh and next question........... dual tip? or wat? does a tip really make that much difference?????????????????

thanks for the help all =]

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
BASH THAT CAT OUT !!
keep one muffler and get some pacies installed and it'll sound tough as

umm its a 6...they never sound tough:rofl: just keep it quiet like a 6 should be...that wat i recon.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
umm its a 6...they never sound tough:rofl: just keep it quiet like a 6 should be...that wat i recon.

Wow that comment was original, ive only heard that like 6 gazillion times in the past week :whistling