Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to make MP3 cd?

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Hey i just got a new MP3 cd player in my car but i dont know how to burn a mp3 cd. What software do i need to do this. I have heaps of songs on media player and want to put them all on to a mp3 cd. Can anyone please send me software or tell me what software i need. Or if i can somehow do it on media player? Also not all my songs are in mp3 format. cheers.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
just burn all your MP3s onto a cd like you would any other file. in Nero, or any other program, just select data cd instead of audio cd

check your headunit manual to see what file formats are compatible with the headunit

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh yeah i see. thanks man. But one other thing. I have all my songs saved onto windows media player. They are not in "my music" folder or anything. How do i get the songs from media player to a folder or to "record now"(my burning software)

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
You'll have to check the settings for where Media Player saves files, and they may be saved in WMA format - so you'll have to see if your new head unit plays WMA files as well as MP3s.

The other option is to go to Start Menu -> Find and search for all WMA and MP3 files

rredbeak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Lexcen commodore
Follow this link to a few FREE CD to MP3 converters,then after its converted simply burn them to disc...
http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/gmm/fwcdrip.html

May i suggest you choose the top one or another called Audio Grabber. Look at the popularity stars beside their names and choose THE most popular.. Hope this helps.. Cheers.. Rod

rredbeak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Lexcen commodore
I just installed the CD to MP3 software [top one on the link] and it asks for registration code. Just click "Skip" then go on using it. It rips all types of formats off cd's and converts them to MP3 ready to burn.

Enjoy... Rod

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 is my choice, try out a trial version :)

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok i will try that. A couple days ago i worked out another way to do it. I just opened up the songs folder and highlighted all the songs i wanted, then right clicked and pressed "send to CD drive" and then it saved all the songs to a temp folder and i just pressed burn as data disc. Oh and my songs are mainly wma. But my cd player plays those aswell so its all good. But I dont know how to make seperate folders that way i did it. It gets annoying when you want to listen to a particular song but have to search through 200 songs haha. Now that i think about it i know now haha.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Ok i will try that. A couple days ago i worked out another way to do it. I just opened up the songs folder and highlighted all the songs i wanted, then right clicked and pressed "send to CD drive" and then it saved all the songs to a temp folder and i just pressed burn as data disc. Oh and my songs are mainly wma. But my cd player plays those aswell so its all good. But I dont know how to make seperate folders that way i did it. It gets annoying when you want to listen to a particular song but have to search through 200 songs haha. Now that i think about it i know now haha.

Yeah I used to burn a new cd of a coupla hundred songs every few weeks for my XE, I'd listen to it all the way through and wonder "WTF? why did I put 20 **** songs on this in a row?" and go through the whole process again. The VN only has a plain old CD player though and I promised I wouldn't spend any money on audio gear for it. So I no longer have that problem. :)

Oh yeah, making a data disc with nero or some other burning app will work great coz you can make folders, only problem is you've gotta figure out where media player has put the tunez!