Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to make my 09 3.6 SIDI commodore faster

njg092

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SIDI
hey i’m new to this website/ chat but i’ve got an 09 VE 3.6 SIDI commodore and just curious if anyone has anything they’d like to share about how to possibly make my car perform better, what parts i should invest into what not.

Attachments

• 5D3F9428-3F2F-436A-856C-AA1861C8E47D.jpeg
    5D3F9428-3F2F-436A-856C-AA1861C8E47D.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 137

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
hey i’m new to this website/ chat but i’ve got an 09 VE 3.6 SIDI commodore and just curious if anyone has anything they’d like to share about how to possibly make my car perform better, what parts i should invest into what not.
I'm guessing you're a P-Plater (since you're 18) and you're probably going to chuck a crappy exhaust on it... Before you do that, these engines aren't the best when it comes to modifications though you can do basic things like better filters, exhaust (SSV mufflers give it a decent note), etc... Don't go too crazy on the mods as you can get a V8 or another faster car when you're off your P's and you're not really supposed to mod your car to gain performance (At least here in Vic)

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
He's probably on his P's so that's off the table, that's an Alloytec that's been supercharged, not an LFX... Though supercharger kits make decent power out of these...
we all know you can spend a lot of money on a v6 for little gains and if he look in the v6 section he would find all the information

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Remove any excess weight such as the seats, carpets, spare wheel and any needless stuff you have in the glove box, shave your head and remove all your clothes. One last thing, if you are carrying excess weight, ring Jenny Craig and ask for the ‘quick weight loss diet’.
Oh and pump up your tyres as much as you can without bursting them, (apparently air is not that heavy):). Just kidding. Welcome to the forum.