Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to mount amps to each side of the boot

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I am in the process of mounting my amps to each side of the boot. I'll try to explain this as best as I can without images. I am trying to figure out an easy way to mount them upright to the left side and right side of the boot and cover them using a thin piece of MDF followed by some carpet to cover the MDF. I have 2 amps, one being my mono-block and the other being my 4 channel. I am thinking of cutting a square bit in the middle of the MDF (enough to only show the amps and if need be allowing to make adjustments without having to have to take the cover off). Problem is I don't have any templates to cut to making it very difficult to predict sizes of material required. Wondering if anyone has done this before, what materials they used and whether they have a template pre-made to make this job easier, or if perhaps you may have any suggestions?

Thanks

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Cardboard is your friend. Make up whatever templates you need using cardboard and trace them onto the MDF

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Wow awesome, never thought of that, thanks for the tip, I will give it a try!

mavro

mavro
Reaction score
Website
www.mavromatis.nl
Members Ride
VX 5.7ss
something like this

Attachments

• P0102_194050.jpg
    P0102_194050.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 582

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hey that's wicked! But yes exactly like that. I don't think I could do a job as good as that though. That must've taken ages to do! Care to share the experience?