Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to organise a courier for private one-time use?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Hey all,

I want to purchase 2 bumpers from another member in the forum but they live over 2 hours away; is it possible to arrange for a courier to pick up the items and deliver them privately (neither of us is a company)?

I had a look at Couriers Please and TNT but was at a loss as to how to do it if at all.

Any advice from someone who's done it before is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Where are the pickup and drop off points?Maybe someone on here can help you out.

Munromad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Just grab the yellow pages and call a few. A lot of the bigger companies want you to have an account with them which is just not practical.
The yellow pages should have a heap of smaller private couriers who will do the job for you.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Great idea

Post up the two suburbs and we may be able to organise Just Commodores own Pony Express and do the pick up and drop off for you

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
From Sale (Victoria) to Epping (Victoria); though I don't want to inconvenience you guys lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
To post or courier 2 bumpers wouldn't be worthwhile. Any decent company would require you to box it, so you would need to build a massive and heavy box. Then they would go by volumetric weight, which would be huge. Have you got a mate who can drive down, just offer $50 and a bottle of JD :p.

2 Hours isn't much, but if you really don't have the time I'm sure someone here would help.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
IIRC Tom_1569 lives up that way and comes down to Melbourne pretty often, maybe send him a PM and see if he can load them up on his next trip down (or even meet you halfway or something)