Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] HOW TO Paint Your Rims

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
wow thread dig mate, lucky i keep this one saved.. im guessing the whole rim is already chrome, im not sure about painting straight over because chrome is a slippery material, the paint wont have any place to grip on the surface, it would need to be sanded back a bit atleast to its primer, or even back to metal and then primed and sprayed over, dont use any paints like rust-not which i think are an acrylic enamal based because when you go to do another coat, they will orange peel hardcore. id suggest sand carefuly (without making deep laserations on the rim, so use a soft sandpaper) and sand away the chrome, then tape off really well the dish and do light coats of your gloss black on that.
good luck :)

hixi126

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Off roading lol that would kill powdercoating fairly quick too

Brad_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina and VS S2 Clubsport
looks good mate in gonna do My 18inch ROHFurys across the next few weeks hope they look as good, ill post some pics when i do it

Excale

Aussie N Proud!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 5sp Manual[SOLD], VN V6[SOLD],VR S 5sp
Very good write up. thanks

jayceon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey mate...nice post and comprehensive description. you talked about the powder coating..do you know anywhere to get it done professionally? i dont wanna mess up with my own poor DIY skills.

impulsed_sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
nice how to man i did my stockies on the w/e just gone and they came up a treat only did 2 rims tho
71853_1418988276502_1286498731_30937701_3605902_n.jpg