Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to prime oil system

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Kevin Galloway, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Kevin Galloway

Kevin Galloway New Member

Members Ride:
    Ve v6 Commodore. HSV RPA
    Hi Anyone been able to prime the oil system on a rebuilt ve v6. Motor not in car yet. I can only find the one point where the sender unit goes.

2. greenacc

greenacc Searching for the billion

Members Ride:
    VE Berlina
    I thought it was self priming. If it's not then you could try pouring oil down the filter housing.

Fu Manchu likes this.
  3. _R_J_K_

_R_J_K_ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Zenki S14
    Assume it's still full of assembly lube? Could unplug the CAS when it's in the car and full of oil and just let it crank over for 5 or 10 seconds to get it in, usually what I do if I haven't driven a car for a few of months.

4. Kevin Galloway

Kevin Galloway New Member

Members Ride:
    Ve v6 Commodore. HSV RPA
    Thanks for the replies, I ended up removing the oil pressure sensor and making up and adaptor. To this I conected a 1 litre steel container filled with oil and an air line hose in the bottom, and in the lid I connected another air line and reg and ran 5psi of air, this forced the oil through engine. When I went to start the engine I pulled out the fuel pump relay and only had to crank for 20 to 30 secs and oil pressure came up on the master gauge I fitted in where I had primed it. Replaced fuel pump relay and engine fired up.

Cheers

Fu Manchu and VS_Pete like this.