Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to prime oil system

Kevin Galloway

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 Commodore. HSV RPA
Hi Anyone been able to prime the oil system on a rebuilt ve v6. Motor not in car yet. I can only find the one point where the sender unit goes.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I thought it was self priming. If it's not then you could try pouring oil down the filter housing.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Assume it's still full of assembly lube? Could unplug the CAS when it's in the car and full of oil and just let it crank over for 5 or 10 seconds to get it in, usually what I do if I haven't driven a car for a few of months.

Kevin Galloway

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 Commodore. HSV RPA
Thanks for the replies, I ended up removing the oil pressure sensor and making up and adaptor. To this I conected a 1 litre steel container filled with oil and an air line hose in the bottom, and in the lid I connected another air line and reg and ran 5psi of air, this forced the oil through engine. When I went to start the engine I pulled out the fuel pump relay and only had to crank for 20 to 30 secs and oil pressure came up on the master gauge I fitted in where I had primed it. Replaced fuel pump relay and engine fired up.

Cheers