Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to put a tacho on vn

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
hey i was wondering how i put a tacho on my vn commodore. do i have to run a wire through the dash. where does the wire go. is it hard to fit one? cheers

fleet5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYI equipe sedan and vyII acclaim wagon
Just put a level 2 dash in!!

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
what about those tachos you stick on your dash. is it posible to fit one of them on?

G

gocommygo

step one, go to a place that sells tachos, step two buy it, step 3 put it in your car and try not let it fall over

R

Reggie

ok...... you will have prob three wires coming out of the taco... one will go to ground(earth) the others will be for accesories and signal wire. the signal wire will run to a brown wire on the passenger side of the engine there's a loom there which has a small white plug hanging out...on the end of the plug will be a brown wire by it's self. that will give you signal.
make sure the taco is on the correct setting or you will be doing 8000rpm changes.,.hahaha

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thanks. how do i get the wire through the dash? will i have to take out the dash or something? what side is it better on. the side right hand side of the steering wheel or the left? and na my car doesnt already have a tacho for some reason.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Tacho-Diagram.jpg

NOTE: The wire colors might not be the same on all Tachs.
Its pretty straight-forward installation but as for the Green Wire (refered to diagram) can be connected to the signal wire found next to the Right Strut Tower (looking at front of car) in the Engine Bay (White Connector and Brown Wire, which may be hidden under some tape). Run a new wire from the connector back through the Firewall to Tacho.

Hope That Helped :thumbsup:

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
where can i get a level 2 or 3 dash from. how much and are they hard to install?