Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to put a tacho on vn

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Hmmm Im about to install a tacho so ill see how it goes. I would buy a L2 dash but the odometre still works in mine. (Probley only one that works out of every VN made :p)

you can just swap the speedo's over

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Haha more then a year now since i put the tacho on. My car got stolen exactly a year ago the other day. and i havnt had a tacho since cause it got stolen. so maybe 1and half years. I cant believe its already been a year since my car got stolen.

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Series 2, 3.8L Executive
I Put A tacho In A 93 VP Series 2

I Fitted a 3.75" Tacho On my dash above my middle air vents, ran the wires through the dash, connected the red wire to my On setting on my Ignition, The Black To the Under Dash Ground, and My signal wire was Green, i connected it the the brown wire about a foot out from the fire wall on the passenger side of the car in the wiring loom, Works ideal. :yeah:

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
this is the tread that that tosserr gave me neg feed back a few months ago for being a thread digger, i think it was my first post, weird, yup green to brown bang on glad u didnt have 2 ask

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
can never have enough tachos "OMG WHEN DO I SHIFT !! ! ! !"

Attachments

• tacho.JPG
    tacho.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 470

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Series 2, 3.8L Executive
How did you go ?

hey i was wondering how i put a tacho on my vn commodore. do i have to run a wire through the dash. where does the wire go. is it hard to fit one? cheers

G'day mate, i posted stuff to do with this topic, i was just wondering how you went, did you get that tacho fitted in alright ?.