Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to rear wing a vp?

bubbada

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN Commodore
got a rear wing from a 95 lexcen (3 mounts with led stop light) wanna put it on a 92 vp
whats the best way to mark up bolt holes in boot lid?
racking my head trying to position it

any ideas?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
got a rear wing from a 95 lexcen (3 mounts with led stop light) wanna put it on a 92 vp
whats the best way to mark up bolt holes in boot lid?
racking my head trying to position it

any ideas?

tried using a big ruler? (tape measures unless brand new tend to wear on the rivets and are not accurate....)

measure the mounts on the spoiler from dead center (think back to maths, art classes and combine the 2).
find the center of the boot, find the center of the spoiler and go from there, perhaps make the holes through the boot slightly bigger so you can move the spoiler back/forward/left/right half a mm or so so until it's completely dead center..... mind you it's a mass produced car so it's probably not accurately straight to start with........ but your not going to be driving at 200+ km/h, so absolute perfect placement to ensure accurate downforce to keep the rear tyres in contact with the ground at all times isn't a major priority.

Last edited:

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
you need to make yourself a template for the holes.. id assume 2 holes one side 3 holes the other.. measure out on the vehicle like previously mentioned and use the template to transfer over the markings for ur holes.. It should be pretty straight forward how to make sure its all even and lines up nicely. take ya time measure 11ty billion times drill once... also ya will want to use rust proof paint over the bare metal from the holes..and silicon the spoiler to the boot lid when u finally put it on so it dont leak.

bubbada

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN Commodore
Thanks for the info it came in very handy.

the wing screw locations of the 3 mounts (not exact though)

__x_____________x_____________x__
_x_____________________________x_
i ended up cutting a cardboard box to the length the wing to roughly figure the hole places were gave it a trim to around the end mounts.
i found the center mount hole after aligning and switching back and forth with the cardboard cut out and the wing on the boot (and greylead around the end mounts on boot roughly placed) and went from there drilled it, put the wing on popped boot open and drilled holes by eye for the ends using a very small drill bit first the see if i can get drill center of the hole first time.

now all i need to do now is sillicon the mounts

ps: playdough is a good template for finding the holes from under the wings mounts (mind u picking the dough back out of the holes in the wing) and also my 2 brothers helped keep down the wing on boot as i was aligining by eye hard byself.