Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove chrome dash trim inserts...

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi all

Just wondering how to remove the chrome console trim surrounding the mylink screen and the chrome trim below the console buttoms? I' ve marked the image in red so you can understand. Also need help removing the push start button surrounding piece and the manual gear knob..

SSVREDLINE2014

Attachments

• 20180128_084444.jpg
    20180128_084444.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 1,441

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
gear knob.. I can tell you
lever up chrome gearboot surround (it just clips into the console)
pull up leather boot as far as you can.. and hey presto there is a
retaining screw (passenger side)... undo that

the rest AFAIK is a dash dismatle :(

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
First thing you need to do it get some trim removal tools, this will avoid scratches and dints in the plastic trims from using steel screwdrivers to ply up the parts. From the pics below, you can see that most of it just clips in, you need to apply a bit of force to remove them, but make sure you do it in the vicinity of the clips.
I pulled all this stuff off over Christmas to install the wiring for my Wideband, and as far as I could tell for the centre dash surround, you must remove the dash screen and unclip the chrome surround from the dash when it has been removed.
The screen has five screws holding it in, and you access them after removing the bottom trim pieces and the starter button trim.
IMG_0962.PNG IMG_0963.PNG IMG_0964.PNG IMG_0965.PNG IMG_0966.PNG IMG_8698.JPG IMG_8694.JPG IMG_8692.JPG IMG_8695.JPG

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Thanks everyone for your helpful insight. What's managed to happen overtime the sun has soften some areas of the plastics which bubbled up over time..

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Thanks everyone for your helpful insight. What's managed to happen overtime the sun has soften some areas of the plastics which bubbled up over time..
Have you got pics of this?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline

I've got a set around the gear nob and the chrome around the cup holder. It's used but in pretty good condition. PM if you're interested and I can send you some pics.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Looking likely to replace the inserts with black this time.. Thanks anyway..