Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to: Remove Dash and Center Console VY-VZ

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
AS PER REQUESTED

workman1.jpg

workman2.jpg

workman3.jpg

owen jones

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy berlina (wagon)
dash

just read ur bit on taking out the center console. im trying to put some splits in and im having some strif taking out the two strips that run along were the dash meets the windo .

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
pics for removal of the upper dash vent

-sorry about the wait

untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
another as requested

untitled3.jpg

BROKKY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
I tried removing the top console yesterday and had it all prised out but there was something holding it in just in front of the shifter even though I'm sure there are no screws apart from the one right at the front by the front compartment. I had removed the rubber compartment but there was no way the console was going to lift out. I didn't want to put too much pressure on it incase it split. Are there any tips on how to get it out??

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
I tried removing the top console yesterday and had it all prised out but there was something holding it in just in front of the shifter even though I'm sure there are no screws apart from the one right at the front by the front compartment. I had removed the rubber compartment but there was no way the console was going to lift out. I didn't want to put too much pressure on it incase it split. Are there any tips on how to get it out??

yea they take a bit of work to get out the first time. there is nothing holding it back exsept a few small clips on the inside, jst keep playing around with it pulling it in different directions an stuff, it will eventualy come out.:thumbsup:

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6

anything on removing the covers under the steering column for the VZ? im sure this would be the same fore the VY yes?

Im trying to take out the drivers side windscreen demister cover as shown above. But i cant get the side cover off to allow me to get that screw #1 in the pic above.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
anything on removing the covers under the steering column for the VZ? im sure this would be the same fore the VY yes?

Im trying to take out the drivers side windscreen demister cover as shown above. But i cant get the side cover off to allow me to get that screw #1 in the pic above.
drop the fuse cover under the steering column (it's only held by clips along the top, just pull it open). Remove the 3 screws as shown in post #13 and bob's your uncle :thumbsup:

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
Console Removal

A really big thanx for this much appreciated

Cheers

;)