Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"How To" Remove Door Card & Speaker Grill on VT-VX *Detailed*

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
I'm going to do my handles this weekend and would just like to know if anyone has any ideas on getting that door lock back up to its regular height?

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
i knew that would of been the one that you had missed out on, nah it shouldnt be a problem seeing as you are taking them off soon, i am not sure what you are trying to explain by the lock part. BUT i did a DIY video for removing the outer door handles to install chrome door handles. here is the link. YouTube - ‪How to Remove VT/VZ Door Handles‬‏ any Q's, give me a shout
Hey mate, cheers for your video. That little rubber clip on the metal rod would've been a pain in the arse if I hadn't already watched your tutorial.

Do you have any tips on doing the rear doors? It looks like it's going to be a major pain in the arse trying to do it with a shifter so I may have to grab a socket set for it but I'm assuming you did yours with the same shifter you did the fronts, and I figure it best to ask before I go out and get a decent socket set. I would've preferred to have done the fronts with a socket as well, to be honest, so if anyone else is reading this and wants to change over their handles make sure you have a small socket (10mm I think) to make it as easy as possible.

Oh yeah, I got the driver's side plunger up but I think I stripped the little red tab as it won't operate as a proper lock anymore. So far these chrome handles have cost me the driver's door lock and courtesy light. lol

mattbombers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
How To Remove Door Card & Speaker Grill VT-VX Commodore *Detailed*
Ok so now the door cards off. Remember this bracket as pictured below because you will need to match it up with the door card clip when re-installing.
Step14.jpg
sorry to bump an old thread,
my drivers windows been rattling since i picked the car up last week
i pulled the trim off tonight and found i dont have this bracket? just 2 empty screw holes. would i be able to get one of these from the wreckers or?
thanks

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
Anybody know if you can buy the doorcards brand new or what everyone I've seen
Is damaged

WHGenIII

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice S2 5.7L
Good thread...
if only my wh was that easy its all the star shaped screws its a mind boggle

Aussievtv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss HOLDEN 304
Fantastic thread, great work to all!!

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Nice, cause my speaker grilles are a bit busted and cracked and could probably do with changing.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Can't grab that bloody window winders! Exactly how much pulling and sliding left to right do you need? Lol

BlackVXWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 1 Wagon Phantom
Cheers for this. Saved me a small fortune. I needed to repace my side mirror and without this I wouldn't have been able to. Thanks heaps.