Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove entire dash?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Hey guys, Im gonna go down to a wrecker to source out the wiring loom for a power window conversion.

I've got the door looms that run through the doors into the pillars, all the switchs and regulators.

I just need the loom that runs down the body etc and into the switchs (centre console)

But apparently i also need a loom that runs behind the dash that connects to the power window module, and to get to this you need to completely remove the dash as its cable tied to it.

I've googled and googled until my eyes have gone googly themselves and i havent found a step by step guide on how to completely remove the dash!

I Just dont wanna go there and "fiddle" for hours trying to get the dash out, id rather just know.

Thanks guys!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
its easy remove the centre console and stereo surround remove glovbox and bit under steering columm then start on the side of the dash where doors are. quite a few screws there i think 7 on each side as you gradually pull off peice then theres a couple under the dash and a few on top where demister vents is located

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I Just dont wanna go there and "fiddle" for hours trying to get the dash out, id rather just know.

Sorry mate, you're probably just going to have to fiddle :) That's how everybody else has done it.

There's so much stuff in there... just unscrew/unclip/break everything that you see, 'till you get where you're going ^_^

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Except When it comes to doing the same in my car to replace the loom, i dont want to "snap and break" till i get where im going. rofl!

Does anybody have a gregories manual or something that shows how to do it?

DrJeckyl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN commodore S1 & VXII Berlina LS1
Ive got one.....but seriously go buy one, its a small cost compared to what gets spent on your car and it will pay for it self.

Any way Mortons sort of right, but theres really nothing that can be broken when pulling out the dash, ( unless you wield a screw driver with the force of a gorilla on steriods) Ive done it to install calais loom for a L3 cluster.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah there's pretty much nothing to break. I mean, you have to cut a lot of cable ties to get the loom out - but boo hoo. You'll find a way to live with yourself. :p

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
hahaha. Removing the dash proved very.... hilarious. Only had an hour to do it, and retrieve the looms.

I couldnt get the aircon vents on the side off, so i had to break them off ....

Best part of all, the entire loom cost me $3. Yes. $3

Cheapest conversion EVERRRRRRRR.

4x Window Regulators = $59
2x Rear Switchs = $20
4x Door Looms = $20
1x Body Loom = $3
1x Power Window Module = $17
1x Set of Front Console Switchs = $51

Total Cost = $170.

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
any1 got a guide or instructions on how to remove the entire dash on a vs?

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
thread dig on a vn-vp section for a vs. nice :D

L-VrCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
I need to get behind my dash to repair a vacuum hose will i need to pull the whole dash out? or is there a way around it lol and is it hard to pull the dash out? cheers