Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Remove Eurovox Head Unit From VX

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Hey guys just wondering if i could get a simple to follow step by step of how to take my standard eurovox headunit out. Not sure if i have to take apart the center console and dash and stuff.

Cheers

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
Get a coat hanger, cut a pieces of wire, long enough to be bent and fit into the 2 holes on either side of the head deck, push the wire into the holes and your head deck should then be able to be pulled straight out.

For either side, use maybe 20cm of wire so it can be bent and manipulated etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Get a coat hanger, cut a pieces of wire, long enough to be bent and fit into the 2 holes on either side of the head deck, push the wire into the holes and your head deck should then be able to be pulled straight out.

For either side, use maybe 20cm of wire so it can be bent and manipulated etc.

so do i do the top two holes at the same time first? And the the two bottoms holes the same way? I also want to install a new head unit (double din), can i just slide that straight in?

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Ok well i tried a few different combinations of sticking coat hanger wire in all 4 holes but no luck, the headunit is still in there and not budging. all im getting is a grinding scratching sound.

What exactly and i trying to feel for when im putting the wire in? How far do i put the wire in? Just cant beleive its this hard to get out. And i get the feeling ive got to do more then just wire in some holes...

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
The scratching is the metal clips. Push the coat hanger in further. All 4 at the same time, then it should just slide out.
Its that easy.

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
The scratching is the metal clips. Push the coat hanger in further. All 4 at the same time, then it should just slide out.
Its that easy.

Nah it has to be screwed in or somethin. Ive deffinately hit all the clips cause the headunit is loose now. But ill be ####ed if it would actually slide out, its slid out maybe half a centre meter and wont cone out further then that

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
what about an alternative? ive been trying for over an hour and no luck. theres has to be another way to get the head unit out.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Nope, that is the only way to get it out.....

pancakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Equipe S2
when i took mine out it felt like it was screwed in to, you somewhat have to be a little hard on it to get it out, it is the only way to do it, when you get it out you'll see that.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
Mine slid straight out. There are no screws that hold it in. Just don't be soft with it. But don't be to rough lol.
Maybe one of the clips is stuck. But highly unlikely.