Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Remove Eurovox Head Unit From VX

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Here is an idea why not wait till the company you payed to install it does it. That way you wont #### anything. It really is a simple job.

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Here is an idea why not wait till the company you payed to install it does it. That way you wont #### anything. It really is a simple job.

good idea... but clearly thats not what i want to do is it? heres an even better idea, dont make useless posts that dont have any helpful input?

anyways i finally got it thank ####, fingers are raw as hell from trying holding onto the coat hanger but damn its finally out! cheers for the help!

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Waits for the thread 'how do I install an aftermarket headunit'

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec

and when that thread is posted im sure youd have plenty of "useful" information. anyways keep trolling troll new head units in already!

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
good idea... but clearly thats not what i want to do is it? heres an even better idea, dont make useless posts that dont have any helpful input?

anyways i finally got it thank ####, fingers are raw as hell from trying holding onto the coat hanger but damn its finally out! cheers for the help!

Good to hear you were successful at it in the end lol. When you say holding onto the coat hangers, were you trying to pull it out using the coat hangers?
Sorry I should have explained better, insert the coat hangers, leave them there, and grab the head unit and pull. My mistake, I apologise for that.

lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Good to hear you were successful at it in the end lol. When you say holding onto the coat hangers, were you trying to pull it out using the coat hangers?
Sorry I should have explained better, insert the coat hangers, leave them there, and grab the head unit and pull. My mistake, I apologise for that.

lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mate i tried so many different ways of getting it out lol in the end i bent two coat hangers into a horse shoe shape put them into all four holes left them in there, got a flat head screw driver wrapped it with abit of cloth and just gently pried it out. i did realise that after i got it out that the clips on the left and side of the unit were pretty ####ed up, probably cause of my first 100 attempts, but hey its out now and new ones in so i couldnt care less haha.

cheers mate

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
I would hate to be in a car park with you.... :doh:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
have u got somthing thicker than coat wire? reason its not comming out so easy is coz the proper tools used 2 get these out well r actually slightly thicker so they push the clips in further but also they have tiny cut outs in the ends of the wire so it grabs the unit at the same time as u pull. if u can find somthing thicker at least it should come out its definatly not screwed in. Usually if its not been out b4 it can b harder 2 take out much like other parts of the dash if its not been touched b4.

Edit: just realised u got it haha didnt read the rest after it went off track :p.

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
I had the same trouble getting mine out of my VT all I did was put my hand in the tape deck part and reefed it out it may hurt at first but its worth the wait.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
There is a guy on YouTube with a great tutorial on this ... I don't know If I can say his name without getting in trouble but his name is "pussytastegood" stupid name for someone who does commodore how Tos