Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"How To" Remove Indicator Stalk VT-VX *Detailed*

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
I can hear a constant clicking come from the indicator stalk, if i put a little pressure on it the clicking stops, come and goes every now and then but rather annoying when it is there, i assume all i'd need to do would be replace the indicator stalk?

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I can hear a constant clicking come from the indicator stalk, if i put a little pressure on it the clicking stops, come and goes every now and then but rather annoying when it is there, i assume all i'd need to do would be replace the indicator stalk?

Is it a ticking sound asin your indicators are on?

or

Is it a clicking sound?

If its definetly comming from the stalk then does it only tick when you turn the wheel?
If so then its normal. its the same tick as when you straighten the wheel and the indicator turns off.

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Indicators are definetely not on, light on the dash isn't going off either.

It is a clicking sound definetely coming from the stalk, it is mainly happening while driving straight i put a little bit of pressure on it and it stops the clicking its a rapid ticking

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Stalk is rooted, needs to be replaced, common problem in VT's, Very soon your highbeams will start flashing everytime you use your indicators, Then they get stuck on ;)

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
ah true, well atleast after reading this thread, a temporary fix i'll just take the fuse out!

Pilbara Pal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Ozzie
You are a champion. Last night 9pm going to work police pulled me over. Indicator clicking & Headlights hi beam when indicating & stuck on hi beam. Breath tested/licence check all ok. Explained my dilemma. Domonstrated effect. Police very understanding. Suggested replacing VT Indicating stalk on that model. And a search found you at this site next day. I can do it thanks to your clear instructs. And great idea re hi beam fuse while waiting for part. (Just gotta find the part...sure I will cope.) Again many thanks champion. By the way, no fine, no ticket, no points...great cops.
Best wishes
Pilbara Pal

BigG66

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Acclaim Wagon
Try Ebay for a new one of these ...... Just got one cost me $39 + post
Never buy from a dealer unless you REALLY need to ... 500% mark ups pfffttttttt

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Absolute legend! Bloody indicators weren't working and I hate going to those bloody rip off auto electricians so thought I'd give ago myself. Cost $40 for a brand new stalk with cruise control and had no probs installing it myself.:)