Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"How To" Remove Indicator Stalk VT-VX *Detailed*

nicolas321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 1999
Mnay thanks for your help Ozzie. I have managed to replace the stalk on my VT II in 25 minutes without any problems. New stalk with cruise is only $45.00 from the local auto store. The new one did work for about a day but now I have a different problem; the indicator does not go up to indicate left turn. What would cause this? By the way when I changed the stalk I made sure that the wheels and steering wheel are straight. Thanks a lot.

1HOTVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 5.7 ltr
Thankyou for the how too thread I have just replaced my indicator cruise control stalk and followed your detailed instructions with no problems at all :)

The pictures and highlights were first class :clapping:

Just love this site and the people who take the time to explain some common problems and explain it all in simple terms with step by step write ups.

They are greatly appreciated and thankyou :spot on:

Cheers Mark

Teemax136

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VY
Hi I have replaced the indicator switch with a new one but it was working now its not the light stays solid when i push it up or down to turn it don't blink at
all just solid green don't know wots up now.any helpful info would be much appreciated.

sprint0070

David
Reaction score
Website
www.historicconnections.com
Members Ride
VT Commodore Wagon
Wow! THat was easy.

Thanks guys for such a great service. I wish I'd found you years ago!
I bought a factory Turn/HB stalk on ebay new for $35 it arrived overnite almost and I had it fitted in 10 minutes!
Amazing how much I must have saved!
Keep up the good work guys you are worth more than your weight in gold!

daniel_c_dc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
The screw underneath the steering wheels on mine is so tight it won't move and I'm stripping the thread of the + head!
Great write up though.

tarrynbourke26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
help

I bought a "genuine" stalk of eBay and had a go at putting it in today but I can't get it to go all the way in so it clips into place, I also can't get it back out....any ideas?