Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"How To" Remove Indicator Stalk VT-VX *Detailed*

Swanky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SeriesII Acclaim
Thanks for an awesome write up.

I have a cruise control issue with my VX Acclaim Series II. I read somewhere that it may be the indicator stalk (cruise light comes on, but cruise doesn't engage).

I went to Just Commodore Spares, picked up a brand new second hand stalk, had it installed within 10 minutes. Unfortunately it hasn't solved my problem, and I now have a spare indicator stalk, but damn it was easy thanks to such an awesome write up.

My search will start properly now I've registered here. Thanks a million for the write up.

:D

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
i really hate the look of the VT-VX stalks.. is it possible to put a stalk from a vy-vz in? do they match up the same when connecting

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
aussieakito, the stalk design you really hate the look of are VR-VX Series 1, when the Series 2 VX came out Holden introduced the new stalk design, which is used up until VZ.

To answer your question, Yes it is possible, I've put VX-VZ stalks in my VT (SO much nicer!) But they don't much up the same when connected, you need to rewire new looms for the VX-VZ stalks. As far as rewiring goes, its pretty straight forward, crimp/solder blue wire to blue wire, red wire to red wire, etc. etc.

Nom Fitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 1996 standard
Going to attempt this after my holiday. The ticking drives me nuts too. wish me luck lol

Nom Fitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 1996 standard
Thank you for this write up. Have removed it thanx to u. Just need to get a new one now & hopefully no more smoke & electrical smell coming from there

damage17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.6 ecotech
Top of the line how to. Had all the problems of every other member, all other drivers must of thought who is this complete wanker that keeps on flashing everyone. After a quick trip to the wreckers and $10 less in the pocket, 5min to read the how to and only 10 min to replace another satisfied customer.
Thanks Ozzie.

damage17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.6 ecotech
Top of the line how to. Had all the problems of every other member, all other drivers must of thought who is this complete wanker that keeps on flashing everyone. After a quick trip to the wreckers and $10 less in the pocket, 5min to read the how to and only 10 min to replace another satisfied customer.
Thanks Ozzie.

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
HI i have a vx ss s1 and im wanting to change to the sII indicator and cc stalks i see you said there is some rewiring that needs doing is there a write up anywhere with pics for this?