Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove me wagon rear bumper

Lt dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 5.0L
Does anybody have any info on removing a ve sv6 wagon rear bumper.

My wife's got dinged in car park and I've got anreplaa replto go on tomorrow but other than the screws in wheel arch I'm a little stumped.

Any help would be appreciated

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Does anybody have any info on removing a ve sv6 wagon rear bumper.

My wife's got dinged in car park and I've got anreplaa replto go on tomorrow but other than the screws in wheel arch I'm a little stumped.

Any help would be appreciated

I've had rear bumper off a sedan, I guess a wagon would be much the same. There's a philips screw at the top of wheel arch, remove it. There's I think 3 x scrivets inside the wheel arch remove them. Repeat on other side of the car. There's also 3 or 4 scrivets at the lower edge of the bumper across the back of the car, remove these also. Apart from clips this is all that holds the bumper on. Grab hold of the bumper at the top inside the rear wheel arch. Pull the bumper away from the side of the car (firm pull). Do the same on the other side, so at the this point the bumper will be hanging down on each side of the car (still attached across the rear). Then from one side, say right side upper corner pull the bumper away from the back of the car. It would be handy if for this part you had someone assisting to hold the bumper on the other side.
As per most instructions, installing is the reverse, so clip the bumper in across the rear of the car first, then clip each side of the bumper back into the body clips. reinstall the scrivets across the back and inside the rear wheel arches and reinstall the philips screw right at the top of the rear wheel arch.