Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To: Remove PEdal Box VN-VR

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
Hey guys a mate and i are completing a manual conversion in the following weeks so here is a start to the guide on how to do it.

1. In the engine bay undo the 2 nuts(13mm) and one bolt(13mm). Holding the brake reservoir on.
MyPics121.jpg

2. Behind the brake booster (big black cylinder) you will have two nuts 2 (13mm) bolts to remove.they are holding the clutch cable in place. Note: picture only shows one. the other was removed.

MyPics122.jpg

3.Remove Fuse Cover, Steering Column Surround, Pedal cover. also Pull out the metal bar that has the fuses attached so you can see the two bolts up near the steering column behind the pedals. You want to remove both of them (13mm)
MyPics117.jpg

4. the Pedal Box is attached to the underneath of the steering column. remove this nut (13mm)

MyPics116.jpg

5. Un Plug The Clutch and Brake Cable/Line From the pedals. and you will be free to remove the pedal box. Note It may Take a bit of twisting Jiggling to Get it out.

Hope this helps.

and a picture to show you what your aspiring too

09092008248.jpg

Last edited:

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
i had great fun trying to work this out wen i did mine i didnt hav a clue but i finaly got it good thread it will make it easier for tho that havnt done it yet

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
It all looks pretty simple tell you get in there and do it and think 'was that picture of these bolts?' lol, oh and its not as much of a pain in the ass as everone makes it out to be. Also to take the pedal box out there is a little pin on the brake u need to remove.

EDIT:
Need to add,

These are the bolts and nuts in a nice picture to show the location of them on the pedal box. Bolts 1 and 2 are in step 2 above and are in the engine bay. Nuts 1 and 2 are the ones in step 3 above and are inside the car. Nut 3 is the one on the steering coulum.
15062008copy.jpg

Here they are from a differnt view and the location of the pin you need to take out.
15062008001copy.jpg

Close up.
15062008002copy.jpg

Last edited:

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Hey, I thought this would be the best place to ask.

Is there meant to be a nut here? I don't think the VN I got mine off had one.
I couldn't find a nut that will fit correctly. Is this meant to support it more?
Would it be ok without?
Can somone confirm that a stock VN/VP/VR/VS has a nut here?

Thanks

Attachments

• 15062008copy.jpg
    15062008copy.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,711
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Hey haydz or mischa did your manual have cruise control? Did you rig up cruise control actuators to the clutch?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
mine has cruise and no i didnt hook it up to the clutch because lets face it you can chirp gears with cruise control on :p

but yeah you probably should get a switch and put it on the clutch but it works fine without it

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
HAHAHA chirp!! I wouldnt be to phazed about it either but when the misses steps in i dont want her chirping lol.

bubba2pac

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
bubba2pac hi guys has anneyone got a pic of how the clatch cable gose in from the fire wall thanks guys