Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to remove rear and front bumpers

clarmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SII Executive
hey, im about to buy a vx bodykit for my vs i was wondering how to take off the rear bumper and front bumper. also do the side skirts just go straight on or do i need to pull anything off.

sorry if stupid questions, first car just got it last week :D

Last edited:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Hi and welcome. Would definitely recommend you go out and purchase a gregorys manual. Having just purchased the car you are going to have lots of questions, and while this site is great to get the answers you can get the majority of answers quickly and easily from the gregorys manual. For example they have a picture of the front bumber with the location of every screw that you have to remove to get it off. We can explain it, but you might miss screws or have that odd one hiding. They have a pic there, done ready - it couldnt be easier.

Being boxing day you can probably pick up a manual even cheaper with the retailers discounts.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
+1 on the gregory's manual, got mine from the library ex-rental for $2.00 - couldn't believe how improbable it was considering it was the V6 one just like I needed. Someone made it real dirty, though speaking of the library go and have a look, see if you can borrow it for the job (or like kopper said go to autobarn, they've got 20% off storewide tomorrow).

Though if you just want an answer I know the back - some screws under the boot , I think bolts at the bottom near the towbar and when you go to take it off slide it straight towards the back, do have an assistant helping or you could snap the mounts (brittle plastic from 10+ years of existence)

EDIT: Forgot screws in wheel arch!

Last edited:

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
The front bar is a bit of a pain. There's screws behind the number plate, underside of the mouthpeice and under the bonnet, aswell as struts that hold the bottom of the bar. Then you have to remove the wheel arch guards (3 retainers) might be easier if you remove the wheel first, and reach up behind the bar and there'll be another 2 nuts holding the corner of the bar. Then just pull it towards you, it's held to the reo bar with 2 push-clips.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
-1 on the gregories manual. Hunt around ebay and get the propper holden manuals. Far more comprehensive and less riddled with errors.

Reaper

clarmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SII Executive
thanks guys gunna go see if i can pick up a copy of the manual cheers