Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove spoke covers on the steering wheel?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Anyone? I've got no idea.. I bought a GTS steering wheel for the Stato and need to swap the buttons over on the right hand side. I'm pretty sure the covers need to come off to remove the button assembly.

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
Yep peterj's link will point you in the right direction. Let us know how you go I have a brand new SS wheel and nickel silver spokes I've been putting off changing on my Calais hoping someone might be able to post a few tips after they have done similiar.

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Troy, did you get the spoke covers off? Can you let us know how?

I want to change my black ones to silver (every other SSV I've seen has silver ones, so I've got NFI why mine are black).

Thanks mate.

redmick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais VX Calais
On the VE Calsis once the wheel is off they are easy to remove.The rear cover is just a push on fit the button or controls are held on by screws at the back and once they are undone the spokes also come off only held by screws in the front and the back a two minute job to do with a phillips screwdriver once you have the wheel in your hand.
Cheers
Redmick