Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove the pin from the brake pedal

Zort58

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Wagon
im in the middle of changinf the brake boster in my VK i have removed the 2 nuts holding it in place from in side the car all i have left to do is rmove the pin off the peddal. my question is dose anyone know an easy way to do this with out removing hlaf the dash or having 5 hand in there to get it out?

thanx for all the help

stickym

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Sl wagon and vr executive t5
most have a split pin threw one side to stop it coming out take the split pin out and remove the pin .mmaybe try lying upside down on the seat with ur head under the dash or is u still caant get it take the seat out so u can lie down and get under there , usually a pair of long 45 degree bent nose pliers works for me , straight pair could work also ... other than that mate u will just have to keep tryin

Holdenuup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK getaway car,VS Esteem
Spot on same advice from me but just get someone with a torch to help cause unles you been there before you won't know what you looking for but I been there heaps and know by feel but as a 1st timer at that pin you would be thinking where the hell is it going but when you get it you will have a laugh and cry.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
i did the same not long ago, pin comes out really easy just lie with your head under the dash and put some goggles on so crap doesnt fall in your eyes and get you annoyed which will make it feel harder then it is. I use a pair of long noseys they worked fine, once i got the split pin off getting the pushrod from the booster of the pin was a real prick, that got me real frustrated. iin the end i gave up being gentle and got a big pry bar in there to pry it off, worked fine i didnt break anything. hopefully your wants to slide off the pin, the problem i had was the pushrod was hitting the side of the hole in the firewall before it would come off the pin, that would make sense when your trying to get it off.

Holdenuup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK getaway car,VS Esteem
Yeah pin is worst part do it easy as now although I can't remmember the last time I did a booster and what happened but I sure can remmember the 1st cause when it came to the pin I was so pised off I got out the car in a rage after haveing a crooked neck for so long that I grabed the 1st shifter in reach and thru it at the car and it bounce off and went thru a house window.So i went and cooled off for 10min and went back at it and amazingly i got it off in less than a minute.I should have just taken the 10 without the spanner tantrum

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
my favorite job in the world (sarcasm) love laying upside down with my legs wrapped around the headrest, trying not to get my greasy shoes all over the roof liner, all while i bend my arms in obscure angles to tuck it into one specific spot. only to find out when you pop that clip off (which is easy but it takes 5 minutes of wriggling to get into position) your arms dont work anymore and when you finally manage to dislocate your shoulder to drag you dead arm out, all the blood has rushed to your head and you nearly black out when you stand up straight.

well thats my memory of that job anyway :)

Zort58

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Wagon
thankx for the help was useful of what not to do like through things at the car while close by the house and other suggestions to get the stupid blooding pin
all i had to do was pull out one peiace of ventilation duct to c just what angle i had to pull the pin at and got it on the second try from then on it was easy
once again cheers all