Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to remove VX Gen III alternator?

muzza vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina gen 3
Can someone tell me the most efficient way of removing the alternator, looks to me like you have to remove radiator fans to get the little bugger out! Also the fault is that the voltage is down in the 11s so is this the regulator, diodes or bushes?

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
just pulled my alternator out couple of weeks ago, i pulled thermo fans off made it easier. there only four nuts one in each corner and the plugs. i had my regulator replaced $220 apparently its very common for the reg to go.

muzza vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina gen 3
just pulled my alternator out couple of weeks ago, i pulled thermo fans off made it easier. there only four nuts one in each corner and the plugs. i had my regulator replaced $220 apparently its very common for the reg to go.

thanks for your reply, we have sourced a new oem replacement for $240 or we could have got an original (Mitsubishi) reco for $250, we have taken the New alternator. Waiting for its arrival to fit.