Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to remove window winder, no clips

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
hey all my front passenger outer door handle has broken, so i went to take off the door trim to get to it, when i tried to take off the window winder, i had read that there was a circlip holding it on, but i can't see one there i checked the other 3 and i can't see any on them either, any suggestions how to get it off thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The clips will be there, they are hard to see.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Removing window winder's is an easy task, however one that is difficult to describe how to do in writing. The clips will of course be there, otherwise your winders would just come off, as they are what holds them in. You can pop them out with a flat blade screwy, or get your self a shirt, or rag, and you can wrap it in and around them and use it to work them out. What takes time though, is that only come out one way, it's a matter of figuring out why side the face, their will be a gap in them, which you probbably wouldnt see whilst their still in there, they pop out in the oppisite direction to the gap in the clip. Hope i havent confused you, but once you've done it a few times, you'll get what i mean ...

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Woops.. wrong topic.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
i find a plastic bag or rag,placed behind the winder then rotated around tillit grabs the end of the circlip and pulls it off. generally doesnt fling off either