Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove...??

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey guy's, my VP is going in tommorow morning to have it's engine and gearbox mounts done, now the mech said if i take the Air con pump off prior it will save me some money. I've had a look under the bonnet, but i'm not really sure what i have to remove. Theres a canister type thing on the back passenger side which say Jayair on it, i've removed this, is there anything else i have to take off. Im not really worried about re-asembly right now cause the Air dosent work anyway...Thank you any one who can help:thumbsup:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Hey guy's, my VP is going in tommorow morning to have it's engine and gearbox mounts done, now the mech said if i take the Air con pump off prior it will save me some money. I've had a look under the bonnet, but i'm not really sure what i have to remove. Theres a canister type thing on the back passenger side which say Jayair on it, i've removed this, is there anything else i have to take off. Im not really worried about re-asembly right now cause the Air dosent work anyway...Thank you any one who can help:thumbsup:

Dont worry about the canister, he means the acutaly pump. It has a belt going to it at the bottom right of your engine near your CAS.

The only thing is, if the canister is still filled with gas, there will be no way to remove the pump otherwise you will vent gas into the atmosphere... which is bad! Just the pump needs to come off...

aZk.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
why would you need to remove anything to start with?
i thought it was as easy as unbolt the engine and lift it a little, change the mounts and re-secure.
gearbox is basically unbolt, lower slightly and replace - that simple.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
why would you need to remove anything to start with?
i thought it was as easy as unbolt the engine and lift it a little, change the mounts and re-secure.
gearbox is basically unbolt, lower slightly and replace - that simple.

The right hand side is a prick to do without the air con off, the retainer bolts are hard to get too..

Gearbox is literally easy as piss....

aZk.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Dont worry about the canister, he means the acutaly pump. It has a belt going to it at the bottom right of your engine near your CAS.

aZk.

I looked at that and thought it had to come out, what about the belt, looked like it would be loose after i took out what i think i have to take out. ?

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
ok a good idea would be to undo the bottom couple bolts on the ac compressor as they are the hards ones to get at.

four bolts thatgo into the cmpressor from the side the 2 bottom ones are a bitch to remove.
get a belt for a non ac commodore and leave the compressor out.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
So once i remove the pump, the belt will no longer fit right? How did the mech in that case, expect me to remove it and then drive it to him?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Leave it for him. Wasting your time at home, as you say how ya gonna drive it with the belt off and its a big pain anywayz.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah it's gonna have to wait for him, it's dark and raining now, and gone on too long. Thanks for the help guy's. Oh and AZKWAZERE, too late, took the canister off, so that's what that niose was when i undid it haha, oh well, the ozone if ****ed anyway right?