Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to replace boot release button?

EB255GTX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi all,

having received plenty of good advice on these forums in the past I will now ask again, and if no one can help i'll figure it out and post back for someone else to refer to in future :)

I pressed the boot release button in the glovebox of my VE sedan the other day, and the button and switch contact promptly popped out on to the floor!

An annoyance, but of course i can still use the remote to pop the boot so not an urgent repair.

There's one screw at the top of the button recess, under the trim cover - i removed this and it didn't seem to do anything so i am wondering if i need to go in from the back or something. Before i rip into it, does anyone know the procedure?

button.jpg glovebox.jpg

EB255GTX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
OK, well I dug in to it.....i don't have a new switch yet, stil considering my options i.e. get the OEM part, of fit something wiht an LED or whatever jsut to be different.

Basically, you need to pull out the glovebox, then the switch is a simple replacement from the back side. The screw above the switch is a red herring, it's actually part of the glovebox mounts not the switch itself which is what confused me.

Will post pics if i go with an aftermarket switch...

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Go to the wreckers and source one from there,
and you can also see how it fits, and can be removed.
There is a heap of them in the wreckers here in Melbourne.
Cost probably about $2