Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to replace door trim courtesy light/interior door lights in VT-VZ Commodore/Calais

Paris99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 7.29.03 pm.png

Hello. I've already tried searching for this and have not found anything so thats why I am asking here.

Recently my VZ Calais door trim courtesy light blew on the front passenger side. I want to replace it and Ive looked through the owners manual to try and find the way to replace it/get the cover off and it didn't help. Ive tried several times to get it off and tried on the other doors and was unable to.

If anybody knows how to do it and can let me know (and anyone else who may have the same problem) it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
On the bottom edge of the light cover is a notch, you gotta slide a small flat bladed screwdriver in the notch and gently press the clip in, and pry the cover thats holding it on the door trim. Gently, gently, or you'll break the the clip off if you press in to hard. More prying than pressing is the key.

Press just enough to release the clip while prying.

Paris99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
On the bottom edge of the light cover is a notch, you gotta slide a small flat bladed screwdriver in the notch and gently press the clip in, and pry the cover thats holding it on the door trim. Gently, gently, or you'll break the the clip off if you press in to hard. More prying than pressing is the key.

Press just enough to release the clip while prying.

It worked. I was able to remove the housing for the light. Thank you very much!

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Glad to hear it, awesome.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
It worked. I was able to remove the housing for the light. Thank you very much!
Thanks for reply some people never let us know how they gone on.