Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to replace headlight bulbs

akqrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I was browsing through forum threads, does the front bumper really need to be dismantled to fit some new bulbs in? That's ridiculous!

Anything else that can be done instead? I can access the driver side headlight bulb (small hands) but can't see a way to get access to the passenger side bulb.

I need to replace my low beam and parker bulbs on both sides. Surely it's gotta be easier than pulling half the car apart.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Firstly did u takeoff the plastic Radiator shroud (big plastic over) that will make it alot easier.
Once u take the Shroud off, you'll be able to take of the HL low bean cover.

VZMAX

I THE GREAT
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz svz
Its easy for drivers side you need to move the battery..for the passenger side you need to take off the air intake tube and then its easy as..just twist and remove the back cover(grey) and then you can pull out the holder by taking the clamps off, parker you just need to pull the holder out ..replace the parkers then push it back again...

nikolas

DK
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo VZ SV6
thats ridiculous. it took me no sh!t 2 minutes. get a flat blade, undo the clips on the radiator shroud, pull it off. Unscrew the back of the head lights, and undo the metal clip behind each bulb. Then do the reverse to put them back in. Ive changed mine 3 times, its really not that hard.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I honestly found it easier to take the front bumper off.

same here.. we know all about that dont we troy lol

Seriouly, 6 screws to take the bumper off, 3 bolts to the headlight and then you've got 100% unrestricted access to the headlight. No swearing cus you cant fit your hands inbetween the intake and the light itself or that you cant see what way the bulb goes in.

akqrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Bloody car manufacturers! Why can't they make it easy to replace light bulbs, the pricks?
I guess people would steal them then...

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Bloody car manufacturers! Why can't they make it easy to replace light bulbs, the pricks?

cos then that way people just go to holdens and get them to fix it.