Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO replace headlining - Very detailed

jamiev90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
VYMAD post a picture!

Would this guide be very similar for a VT? my calais roof lining is dipping in one tiny bit, might re-use cloth or just change the colour :p

wildeagle44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
THANKS!!! I was gonna get a car trimmer to do it but now i'll do it myself

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
VYMAD post a picture!

I have taken a couple, but they came out crap in the carport, so next sunny day, maybe this w'end I'll get a pic or two up.....

vnsmanual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Manual
ive purchased some black headlining material off nolans. its the proper foam back stuff. now can i just glue this straight to my carboard?

also what glue from bunnings? as im going there at 5 tonight.

ipsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR BERLINA
can you the fome from spotlight??? and dose the fbric need to have a backing ???

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
If your cardboard is clean and free of loose crap, then you can glue it straight to it. Sika contact adhesive in 500 ml can from Bunnings is what I have used on door inserts and part of the headlining. Dunno how it will stick to cardboard, I got a can of Permatex spray adhesive for most of the headlining, from Autobarn.

vnsmanual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Manual
Spotlight generally doesnt carry foam, but has heaps of fabric. Clark rubber or a shop similar is usally best to get your foam from.

fabric doesnt need to have backing if using foam seperate, like your planning to.

You can however get foamed backed fabric, i brought some black fabric with 3mm foam on the back already, that way i only have to glue one thing