Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO replace headlining - Very detailed

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
doing mine tomorrow! finally i won't want to kill myself everytime I get in the car! lol

got foam from clark rubber, not sure what material Ill use yet,
everything at spotlight is hideous, clark rubber had this nice leatherish black/grey stuff for $20 a metre, might go with that.

gonna use selleys contact adhesive.

n3wst3ad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ACCLAIM
I did mine yesterday took like 10 hours lol, when I stapled the **** out of it and put the fabric on it made dents in the fabic from where the staples went into the foam lol but it still looks good, luckily I stapled the **** out of it in a pattern.. thanx great how do.

samvn87

homejobvn
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore series 1.vs series 2 esteem
how much fabric do u need? i found so awesome suede its gonna be the goods im thinkin i might do my dash in it 2

onlinejames

Reaction score
why do you need to use the foam, why cant you glue straight to the lining, from what ive seen the foam then material doesnt turn out any where as good as a trimmers job, i got quoted 280 to do the job and i pulled it out and got another quote and they said 180 LOL
is the best result just to glue it straight to the lining or get heavier material or something with backing on it and use that
good thread too very informative

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
ok check this out i folled the steps provided on here and looks mint. for a 17year old and first shot looks good thanks 4 the help

Attachments

• Image084.jpg
    Image084.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 703

sinister5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
I done mine last week. Came up awesome. I used white vinyl. Cost me about $60 for the whole job. Done the door trims too.

heyyy how did u do the door trims? can u say step by step thanks :)

customvlcommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VL commodore(sold regretfully) + VR project
hey i one my roof lining in black looks excellent thanks for the step by step wanna do my door trims you know that ugly colour material on vr door trims i wanna do them in black but not sure how too

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
I did mine 2 weeks ago in white vinyl, used Selleys Quick Grip contact adhesive glue, looks mint!
SDC10938.jpg