Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO replace headlining

gooley

S.A. THE BURNOUT STATE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 92 White
cheers really helpful

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
good job on the guide!

however i tend to get roof linings from the wreckers, alot of them are still in good condition... anything vn to vs will fit (some have more holes than others). these go for ~$100, you just gotta ask!

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
Note to mods; Maybe put this in the diy section if its not already there

timbra_88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 5ltr
Good job there man. Mines hanging down just like yours was. Everytime i look at it i think, man thats gonna be hard to fix and i'll probly bugger it up anyway..LOL. but after reading your post, think i mite attempt it tomorrow :D
Cheers

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
i just did my headlining this morning. instead of using that beige color though, i went for a grey that matches the door trims, vinyl sprayed the sunvisors in matching grey. it makes the interior look a whole lot better. ill try to get some pics up to show if anyone wants to see it

tsimira

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN V6 Executive
lol, the funniest thing about this thread being moved to the how-to section is that I never actually intended it to be. I was just being silly and showing off!

I do feel kinda bad because IMO as far as how-to's go it isnt exactly descriptive, so if anyone wants I wrote up a more step-by-step one that I can post if needed.

91_Berlina said:
i just did my headlining this morning. instead of using that beige color though, i went for a grey that matches the door trims, vinyl sprayed the sunvisors in matching grey. it makes the interior look a whole lot better. ill try to get some pics up to show if anyone wants to see it

Please do post pics, be good to see how it looks! You did what I did in choosing grey fabric instead of the original beige, I just havent gotten around to painting the visors yet so it would be good to see how they turned out.

:)

Glacious

Reaction score
I'm working on doing my headlining and I was curious about where to get the fabric cloth with the foam in Brisbane? Would be nice to have black fabric cloth.

Let me know :)

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
i will post some pics tomorrow if i can get the camera to work!! glacious search around for some motor trimmers in brisbane, they should have the headlining material, it cost me around $25 a metre so it isnt cheap. i bought 2metres of the stuff and it was plenty.

Spike79

Just Confused!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6, VP Berlina LX, Citroen C3

Spike79

Just Confused!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6, VP Berlina LX, Citroen C3
Glacious said:
I'm working on doing my headlining and I was curious about where to get the fabric cloth with the foam in Brisbane? Would be nice to have black fabric cloth.

Let me know :)
Glacious

There is a Daley's Auto Marine Upholstery Supplies (3717-3900) at Acacia Ridge, Or SMSFabrics (3252-8441)at Newstead if your on the Northside or closer to the city. There's about half a page of listings in the Yellow Pages under Upholstering Supplies.

Hope you find what you want.