Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NZ] How to replace key with broken ignition

Dieselsniffer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim
Hey not sure if this is the right thread but need some help, my ignition recently carked it so a mate got a mate to pull it for me but he ended up breaking the casing even more making it so I would have to replace more than just the barrel, this worked fine as I could just unlock with the key fob to disable immobiliser, then use a good ol screwdriver but I got the key wet and it won’t work now, how can I map a new key fob without the ignition barrel?

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Do you still have the slipring? The part around the barrel the key contacts when inserted. If not maybe get one

Dieselsniffer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim
Do you still have the slipring? The part around the barrel the key contacts when inserted. If not maybe get one
I did, I must’ve misplaced it, do u think if I just got it all connected and held the metal part of the fob up against it it’d work?

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Yeah I do, you will need to somehow connect both sides of the circuit tho. But yeah I don’t see why it wouldn’t work

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
yes it is, that could be worked around tho, use your knife, jam a wire in or find the right terminal that is normally on the back of the barrel

Dieselsniffer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim
yes it is, that could be worked around tho, use your knife, jam a wire in or find the right terminal that is normally on the back of the barrel
This is what I’m working with haven’t been able to get it to work yet, any idea where exactly I should be trying

Dieselsniffer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim
This is what I’m working with haven’t been able to get it to work yet, any idea where exactly I should be trying
nvm my photos won’t go through